No announcement yet.

food stamps for cows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like one county I lease in is eligible for assistance. But not in the other where I have most of my land. It will be nice to get the extra money. Help pay for the $120 hay. How come no one is talking about price gouging on hay like they do gas prices after a hurricane?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Social Security is my money that was taken from me by the Government. SS is not welfare if you have worked your whole life putting money into it. Same with Medicare.

Government subsidies for home loans, yes I feel the same way.
      Figure out what you pay in and the annuity payment out. You will pay in FAR less than you get, assuming you don't die early(which is what they are hoping for). That is what is wrong with SS Medicare now.

Comment

My buddy makes his income solely on cattle, he said that the drought relief kicked in a week or 2 back I believe and they pay out based on the 0-4 level of drought conditions your located in. I believe they factor it based on the set government rate of head per acre, like 1 cow per 4 acres or something.

and for people saying you should of saved money when cattle prices were high, when your buying / selling feeder steers over 3-4 month periods it's not about the current price. It's about the margins. Those high prices mean high cost to buy.

and for the record, he is ok he isn't having to sell, but he doesn't over graze.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
          How many of you posting are going to buy beef at the super market this week? You think the price your paying is going to be reciprocal to what we are selling our calves for? In other words are Ribeye's going down to 3.99 a pound? How does that fit into your economic analogies?
          I only eat deer meat and wild pork for red meat

Eat what I kill...My family and in laws have cows though so wife loves her some beef

Comment

How many of you posting are going to buy beef at the super market this week? You think the price your paying is going to be reciprocal to what we are selling our calves for? In other words are Ribeye's going down to 3.99 a pound? How does that fit into your economic analogies?
            Cows are still being fed out($$) in the feed lots before butchering

Comment

The fact that there are only a couple big beef processors isn't ever going to bode well for cattlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                Figure out what you pay in and the annuity payment out. You will pay in FAR less than you get, assuming you don't die early(which is what they are hoping for). That is what is wrong with SS Medicare now.

I would rather have control over all that money that I've been paying since I was 14 (personal retirement account) It would be far more valuable to me when I'm 65 vs what the Government gives me back.

Comment

I would rather have control over all that money that I've been paying since I was 14 (personal retirement account) It would be far more valuable to me when I'm 65 vs what the Government gives me back.
                  I was probably 16 when I told a teacher the same thing. She kicked me out of class for that semester. Ended up with an extended lunch period

Comment

Cattle ranchers face low prices more often than they do high prices. But when prices go up, like they did a few years ago, lots of people get into it. Then the prices drop and lots of people get out. And the world goes 'round.

Comment

I guess the rancher that leases his land to hunters could double his deer lease fees to make up for the lack of assistance. So be careful for you tough talkers who need other people’s land to hunt on.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        I was probably 16 when I told a teacher the same thing. She kicked me out of class for that semester. Ended up with an extended lunch period

You where messing with her retirement

Comment

Teachers have their own program. TRS. they actually can't get both SS and TRS even if they have 40 quarters into the SS system. That is a sore subject for a good many teachers.

Comment

Ouch

Comment

I got a lecture about privilege because "most kids don't have a mom that works for Edward Jones"

Comment

Originally posted by Scrambler View Post
                                I guess the rancher that leases his land to hunters could double his deer lease fees to make up for the lack of assistance. So be careful for you tough talkers who need other people’s land to hunt on.
                                Well, he'd have to pay more taxes on that income though...........oh, wait!

Along with his hunting lease license I'm sure he purchases......

Comment

Working...
                                X