food stamps for cows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
    search your county records - you can see who gets the big payouts.

some go back twenty years on the teat.

there really should be more oversight and controls.....this nonsense of the 'farmer' and his wife (separately) getting big checks needs to be pulled way back.
    Yep, no one ever scams/frauds the insurance companies, retirement accounts, health system, banks... We pay for all of it public or private.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
      Lol. Not even the same comparison.... but ok..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It's not?

Comment

I was using that as an example...but when you are asking for government assistance(handouts) yes, it is the same...
        Now, if you bought insurance that is different but the op was not talking about ins. Look it up, there is a program for drought relief and my tax dollars are paying for it. Just like the people standing in the welfare line.

Comment

Since the original question was if their are any cattle feed assistance approved since we are under a drought the answer is no I have not heard of any.

Comment

Handouts are just that, no matter the sad story situation you come up with to make yourself okay with it.

I know some ranchers that have weathered storms, I know oil guys that have went through their ups and downs.

Comment

It's the same thing, you're trading a commodity. One of the issues affecting prices industry wide is the closure of a couple processing centers so there is a large supply and limited amount that can be processed creating a lower price currently. If we can get China to import more than 2% of the US beef produced it will be a game changer on pricing...

The bad part about that is its good for the cattlemen, bad for the consumer

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                Feel the same way about home loans? FHA, Fannie and Freddie Mac, VA?

Social Security and Medicare?

Social Security is my money that was taken from me by the Government. SS is not welfare if you have worked your whole life putting money into it. Same with Medicare.

Government subsidies for home loans, yes I feel the same way.

Comment

I am selling all my cows next week. With the way hay prices will be this winter I don’t want to have to feed them. Will buy again in the spring.

Comment

Pretty interesting posting,i like it

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      I'd like a little welfare to feed my chilren......have y'all seen the price of oil. I got an elk hunt to pay for. I can barely make the payment for my hunting lease and $60K 4x4 show truck.
                      I knew you were hurt’n when you bought that $15 used hoodie.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        I knew you were hurt’n when you bought that $15 used hoodie.
                        The struggle is REAL!

Comment

Literally exactly the same comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            Literally exactly the same comparison.
                            Agreed

Comment

It's another ruff year and it isn't going to get any better anytime soon. By far a buyers market and not a sellers. Fortunately for me I took a big gamble and bought a ton of hay early on, even though I have several fields that we roll. I had the opportunity to buy even more and passed thinking that if we do get rain then I will have to much hay and nothing to do with it. Still kicking my self in the rear for not getting the last few hundred rolls of first cutting from the guy. Sometimes its hard to see it coming, but most of the time if your gut tells you something you should go with it, and always try to stay prepared to get you as far into a bad situation as you can. Now 4 months later I'm not wasting my money away on $75-$100 junk hay and instead investing it all into cows no one can afford to feed.

Comment

How many of you posting are going to buy beef at the super market this week? You think the price your paying is going to be reciprocal to what we are selling our calves for? In other words are Ribeye's going down to 3.99 a pound? How does that fit into your economic analogies?

Comment

Working...
                                X