This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
    Its OK fellas. We upgraded and got a home and home with Bama instead! I'm definitely looking forward to that matchup.
    There goes BAMA filling the OOC schedule with cupcakes again!

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
      Horns wanted to renew the rivalry but I believe a&m was afraid to renew it. Just my $0.02
      Naw, A&M was looking out for all of the texas fans that rather travel to blue blood games.

Comment

Originally posted by PecanBayouRat
        This statement wreaks with the ignorance of someone who never went to either school.

Originally posted by topduarte
        LOL. Did you even go to school???

Class of 91 from THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN.

God I hate it when that happens....

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            God I hate it when that happens....

Statement still holds true.

Comment

Lol, that's a good one I admit.
              Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post

Comment

What a mess up at OSU. No shame there for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    No. They never played the championship game to determine the true champ.

It was just a talking point dude. Anything is better than this Urban Meyer crap.
                    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    And I was just talking about your talking point. Calm down, not looking for a fight. 😜

Comment

Seems like folks in charge in College Station are simply taking a play out of Dodds playbook

Comment

Have I missed anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's all good. Texas moved some dates around and had an opening, Ags chose not to do the same to put a home and home together. It wasn't a return of the series.

Texas instead picked up Bama. Ag faithful can travel to Miami instead.

Comment

Hopefully the two sides can work it out eventually. The game is a lot of fun and college football is supposed to be fun. No reason to overthink it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter11 View Post
                              Hopefully the two sides can work it out eventually. The game is a lot of fun and college football is supposed to be fun. No reason to overthink it.

Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In addition to any scheduling conflicts, the Chronicle reported that the Aggies "don't believe" they need to renew their rivalry with Texas -- primarily because of their affiliation in the SEC West.

"You have Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss and Mississippi State rolling in here every other year and Arkansas in Dallas every year. That's a pretty darn good schedule," Woodward said. "And as brutal and hard as our schedule is in the SEC West. ... it's definitely the toughest division in football. That's proven year in and year out."

"You look at where national championships come from and the caliber of play, and you see it every week," Woodward said. "It's hard on a team, and it's a pounding. So you have to be careful how you schedule your nonconference games."
                                I get the scheduling conflict and can kind of understand the "careful how you schedule your nonconference games". Adding Texas (by buying out App State and NM) to an OOC schedule that already includes Miami would be brutal with division opponents (plus potentially top ranked SECe opponents). I know there is discussion of essentially "trading" tu and Miami on the schedule (allowing Miami and Bama to fill their respective voids), but I'm not sure there's a lot of incentive for any of the teams (other than possibly Texas) to do that. And, honestly, from the Horn's perspective Bama vs. tu is more of a marquee matchup, nationally (in-state "rivalry" (ever diminishing) not withstanding.)

I do get the feeling, after last season, that the committee will trend toward putting more weight toward schools that schedule marquee P5 opponents to OOC, but from that perspective The U is essentially equal to tu.
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X