This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Yep! All the "who needs it more", "who has more to gain", "who has more to lose" that's all horse ****… It's 100% biased, and it's horse ****. It doesn't matter who is in what conference, or which conference is better at the time.

The fact of the matter is that next time the two square off, the majority of this state will pick a side, and it will be the biggest game in the history of the rivalry.

It would be the biggest game this state has ever seen, short of a NC. The lava has been building since the last one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep!!! Ant the fact that they are in different Conferences now only makes it more interesting!

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I think most casual fans (including me) would prefer to see a return of the series. As posted previously, I think those that like to travel with the team are indifferent, at best, because they'd just as soon see different out-of-state destinations. With administrative turnover at both institutions, I'm surprised there's still such politically driven motivation for not renewing, but it appears to be the case.

Does a home-home make renewing the rivalry more or less likely? Is it better to renew the annual rivalry or have the potential to play in a bowl (or perhaps even CFP) game?
    I vote, as if it matters, for annual rivalry game. The State of Texas needs a Premier Rivalry game. Before we reinvent the wheel, why not put back together the biggest rivalry game of the last century.

Comment

The state of Texas already has the premier rivalry game in all the land. It's in Dallas the 2nd Saturday in October.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
        The State of Texas needs a Premier Rivalry game. Before we reinvent the wheel, why not put back together the biggest rivalry game of the last century.
        Texas has a premier rivalry. It's held every year at the State Fair of Texas. UT has ALWAYS considered OU to be the bigger rival. Make no mistake, the TAMU rivalry has been great as well but, if you told any Longhorn they had to give up one, we would be right where we are today.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
          Texas has a premier rivalry. It's held every year at the State Fair of Texas. UT has ALWAYS considered OU to be the bigger rival. Make no mistake, the TAMU rivalry has been great as well but, if you told any Longhorn they had to give up one, we would be right where we are today.
          I don't disagree. But statewide.....the next Horns/Ags game will be the biggest the state has seen.

Comment

According to multiple sources, Texas coach Tom Herman was the Ohio State assistant at a strip club with Zach Smith on 2014 recruiting trip.

Interesting, Strip club for everyone! Guess Herman and Zach Smith were close enough

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              The state of Texas already has the premier rivalry game in all the land. It's in Dallas the 2nd Saturday in October.
              Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
              I certainly don't disagree with either of you, but it's not a Texas(State of) Rivalry. i.e. Florida vs Florida State, Alabama vs Auburn.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                Daylon Mack is finally a true starter as a Senior? He's had 2 career starts and seemed to get gassed even as a backup... Heard he dropped some weight, is he looking good?
                I hope so. Just listing to a few pressers I've picked up comments like "shown flashes" and "better conditioned". Apparently he's shown enough to be listed as starter.

Look for big things from Keke this season. I think the coaches have been really impressed with him.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Arkansas used to be the second biggest game on the schedule before they left.

Comment

2018 CFB Fall Camp Thread

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                    https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-...th-tom-herman/

Interesting, Strip club for everyone! Guess Herman and Zach Smith were close enough
                    Love me some unnamed sources, lol.. Another tOSU beat writer attempting to throw shade. Snookie had unnamed sources as well and got debunked. One of his unnamed sources appears to be trying to correlate an instagram post with the visit. What a joke.

Dude has a Lambo, he would have dropped a helluva lot more than 600 bones.

Make it rain...
                    Last edited by Chad C; 08-23-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Well then, I guess everyone can shut up about playing the Aggies.

Comment

I wish all Texas teams a good year. I wish the Longhorns a little bit better year.

Comment

Arkansas used to be the second biggest game on the schedule before they left.
                          Maybe back in the 70s.

When I was in school (HS/College) during mid-late 80s/early 90's, both OU and tu were in the middle of a decade+ of mediocrity, with neither being relevant, nationally. A&M was dominating the Horns for a decade. If you had asked most Horn fans during that time you probably would have received a very different answer. OU fans, similarly, would have likely pointed to Nebraska as their primary rival.

The end of the SWC (and creation of Big12) added to the stakes of the OU/tu matchup, with both teams now in the same conference, at a time when A&M slipped into a drought (that still exists, to some degree!). Nebraska (and ultimately A&M) leaving the Big12 put additional emphasis on the RRS for those schools.

I didn't really follow CFB in the 60s or 70s during the Royal/Switzer/Broyles haydays, but I imagine there was a pretty good rivalry between those schools (and the big coaching personalities) on a national scale.

That said, the casual fan (without a real affiliation to either school) would likely have (always had) more interest in watching the two in-state teams tangle every year.
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

If the Ags have even ONE injury to a starting LB this year, we are screwed... Sumlin and Chief really did a crappy job of recruiting that position.

Comment

Per LSUSports.net: [b]LSU ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS For Immediate Release - August 23, 2018 LSU COACHES CARAVAN HEADS TO OMNI FORTH WORTH ON SEPTEMBER 1

Would you folks in the Dallas area please find a way to keep Alleva? I am sure they could find something to charge him with. Like... impersonating an athletic director.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                Maybe back in the 70s.

When I was in school (HS/College) during mid-late 80s/early 90's, both OU and tu were in the middle of a decade+ of mediocrity, with neither being relevant, nationally. A&M was dominating the Horns for a decade. If you had asked most Horn fans during that time you probably would have received a very different answer. OU fans, similarly, would have likely pointed to Nebraska as their primary rival.

The end of the SWC (and creation of Big12) added to the stakes of the OU/tu matchup, with both teams now in the same conference, at a time when A&M slipped into a drought (that still exists, to some degree!). Nebraska (and ultimately A&M) leaving the Big12 put additional emphasis on the RRS for those schools.

I didn't really follow CFB in the 60s or 70s during the Royal/Switzer/Broyles haydays, but I imagine there was a pretty good rivalry between those schools (and the big coaching personalities) on a national scale.

That said, the casual fan (without a real affiliation to either school) would likely have (always had) more interest in watching the two in-state teams tangle every year.
                                I must point out several incorrect assumptions.

Arkansas was a hated rival from 1960 until the late 80s. In the late 70s and early 80s.....when I was growing up...Houston, SMU and Baylor were bigger obstacles on the schedule.

OU won a National Title in 85 under Barry. They went 11-1 in 86 and 87.

Nebraska has NEVER been OUs main rival. They are Texas' Arkansas, although much better back then. Okie Lite is their Aggy.

TX/OU has always been the big one. The late 80s was insane in Dallas on Friday nights downtown. OU was favored 4 years in a row and Peter Gardere whooped up on em.

A&M became a huge game after Arkansas left and the Aggies had their decade of dominance. Boy y'all talk a lot of smack. LOL.
                                Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-23-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X