Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
    Where are you in the panhandle?
    I'm in Beaver County. I hunted up around Liberal,Kismit and Meade a few times up there in Kansas. Got a lot of exercise. Didn't do a lot of shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      I'm in Beaver County. I hunted up around Liberal,Kismit and Meade a few times up there in Kansas. Got a lot of exercise. Didn't do a lot of shooting.
      That’s the difference Cimmeron and Texas here. We are almost back to early 2000’s

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
        That’s the difference Cimmeron and Texas here. We are almost back to early 2000’s
        About the furthest I ever get into Texas County is Guymon. I have a buddy that works over by Rolla every day and occasionally Boise City but I hadn't thought to ask him what the bird population is like over there. I don't know if there's such thing as too much moisture but I'm starting to wonder if all the rain we've had over here has had any noticeable effect on the young ones. Haven't had much hail to hurt anything really.

Comment

I would like to do a hunt , I’ve heard good stuff about Kansas

Comment

Upland Inn hunts
            Jason does a fantastic job, I can't begin to emphasize how happy we all were

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              About the furthest I ever get into Texas County is Guymon. I have a buddy that works over by Rolla every day and occasionally Boise City but I hadn't thought to ask him what the bird population is like over there. I don't know if there's such thing as too much moisture but I'm starting to wonder if all the rain we've had over here has had any noticeable effect on the young ones. Haven't had much hail to hurt anything really.

Moisture isn’t a big deal, hail is. We are getting better, we have a wet winter and mild summer think it will be time to up the limits again back to three.

Comment

I was at the north ranch that goes into Texas County, OK recently and though its been a little wetter than years past, still no pheasant. We have not hunted birds in 13 years as they simply vanished. We only hunted one weekend a year and had super numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee230 View Post
                  I was at the north ranch that goes into Texas County, OK recently and though its been a little wetter than years past, still no pheasant. We have not hunted birds in 13 years as they simply vanished. We only hunted one weekend a year and had super numbers.
                  Counted more birds during wheat harvest then I have in 10 years. They are there.

Comment

We had two hail storms that took out the cotton and did a number on some of the corn. I hope the birds faired ok. As for the TBH hunt, I have heard that the South Dakota hunts are awesome. I have no experience with those though. Good luck getting a group together and making the hunt happen OP!!

Comment

I've hunted South Dakota a couple times around Pierre on private and public land. It can be feast or famine on wild birds. We were going to go this year, but I talked to a big bird hunter who lives there and he said the drought the previous 2 years has the population really down. Hoping for better news next year.

Comment

Are we talking bow or gun hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                          Are we talking bow or gun hunt?
                          For pheasant? A shotgun hunt is what I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                            I have never hunted Biggins but I also hunt in that area just Northeast of them south of Kimball at Red Label Guide Service. Central South Dakota is the best wild pheasant bird hunting in the country. If you have not done it, do yourself a favor and book with someone in that part of the state.
                            Yep, Lyman county. We've been going for several years now...in and around Prescho, SD. Crazy how different it is with great habitat and all wild birds.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                              I am going to Kansas for opening weekend. Going to meet up with my brothers and some of their friends. We will be hunting public ground. I missed last year, but they said they did pretty good considering the number of people they had. You also get to hunt quail as well. They found several coveys last year. They stayed in Dodge City and I believe they are going back to the same places. They even found some private ground to hunt on. Anybody wants to come along, send me a PM.
                              TTT!!!
                              Two weeks away!! The more people you have, the more birds you can push!!!

Comment

We had a good time in South Dakota a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X