No announcement yet.

Pheasant hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pheasant Bonanza is Nebraska's Premier Hunting Lodge. As the only Orvis Endorsed Hunting Lodge in Nebraska, you can be assured that you will have memories that will last you a lifetime. Pheasant Bonanza offeres guided upland hunting (including pheasant hunting, along with chuckar, grouse, and quail), a phenomenal waterfowl hunting blind, as well as guided deer hunting, guided turkey hunting, and ice fishing. Our Orvis Endorsed Lodge is a first class, five star lodge that features fifteen 400 square feet rooms and a three story fireplace.

This is one of my clients up in Nebraska, amazing facility and great group of folks up there. They were at DSC so some of y'all may have talked to them. I'm sure we could get a TBH group rate set up if there were enough folks serious about going

Comment

I am going to Kansas for opening weekend. Going to meet up with my brothers and some of their friends. We will be hunting public ground. I missed last year, but they said they did pretty good considering the number of people they had. You also get to hunt quail as well. They found several coveys last year. They stayed in Dodge City and I believe they are going back to the same places. They even found some private ground to hunt on. Anybody wants to come along, send me a PM.

Comment

If it’s a first time trip I suggest a put and take place vs straight wild birds.

Biggest thing is limits vs costs. Wild birds in TX, Okla, and western KS are recovering well from massive extreme drought a few years ago, not back to few tilt yet.

Comment

Curt,

Is there a minimum number of people needed to rent that place out?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
            Curt,

Is there a minimum number of people needed to rent that place out?

I’m not sure. I’d assume at least 30 for the whole lodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Biggins Hunting Service in Gregory, SD. I've been about 15 years in a row and I don't see me ever missing a year. It's run by the Biggins family on their own farmland. Beautiful lodge that sleeps 40. Food that will make you come home embarrassed about your own momma's cooking. Outstanding guides. Outstanding dogs. Hunt corn, milo, CRP, cedar breaks in some of the most beautiful farmland you'll ever see. I take a 40-man group every year and we have NEVER not shot a limit every single day we hunt. Shoot skeet in your downtime or just relax in the lodge. Heck, if you book at Biggins I might join the TBH group trip just to go again.

http://www.bigginshuntingservice.com

If you need a few spots to fill, my wife and I go to Unit 2 in Western Kansas for every opener, I’d be interested in branching out to new territories.

Comment

Dang, I look around @ TTHA Extravaganza and basically found a few released bird hunts. Wild bird hunts must harder to come by or are so much less successful that they're not as profitable for the outfitter/land owner in the long run.

Comment

Biggins Hunting Service in Gregory, SD. I've been about 15 years in a row and I don't see me ever missing a year. It's run by the Biggins family on their own farmland. Beautiful lodge that sleeps 40. Food that will make you come home embarrassed about your own momma's cooking. Outstanding guides. Outstanding dogs. Hunt corn, milo, CRP, cedar breaks in some of the most beautiful farmland you'll ever see. I take a 40-man group every year and we have NEVER not shot a limit every single day we hunt. Shoot skeet in your downtime or just relax in the lodge. Heck, if you book at Biggins I might join the TBH group trip just to go again.

I have never hunted Biggins but I also hunt in that area just Northeast of them south of Kimball at Red Label Guide Service. Central South Dakota is the best wild pheasant bird hunting in the country. If you have not done it, do yourself a favor and book with someone in that part of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                      Dang, I look around @ TTHA Extravaganza and basically found a few released bird hunts. Wild bird hunts must harder to come by or are so much less successful that they're not as profitable for the outfitter/land owner in the long run.
                      Not about succes about limits and what to do the rest of the day.. Okla is two bird limit, TX 3, KS is 4.

That’s a morning hunt or a single drive in good habitat.

Comment

I haven't seen many pheasants this year. Last year I hunted in Oklahoma and Kansas both and had trouble getting birds. I'm afraid it'll be the same way this season from the way it's looking.

Comment

I was fortunate enough to go hunt with Biggins through work. EVERYTHING Curt says is true. Outstanding place.

Curt, whats the name of the bar down the street that give $2 bills for change?

Comment

I'm going to South Dakota this year. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              I haven't seen many pheasants this year. Last year I hunted in Oklahoma and Kansas both and had trouble getting birds. I'm afraid it'll be the same way this season from the way it's looking.
                              Where are you in the panhandle?

Comment

I’m in too, if you are looking for something close or in Texas. Look at Walton farms In Navasota. It’s pen raised birds but it’s a good place to get started.

Comment

Working...
                                X