Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted a GoPro - Bought a FITFORT instead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An ill add.. my camera...has been beat up
    this thing has been thrown in bat bags, wagons, left in chairs, dropped a hundred times, and ran over by our baseball cart...
    takes a lickin keeps on tickin.
    and I have never changed batteries.. I simply recharge the one it came with using either a PC (usb) or a external cell phone charger battery pack (usb)..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      So you are using the Fitfort and what ap?....just so I don't have to go back and read lol...
      Fitfort using an android app called EZ iCAM

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        An ill add.. my camera...has been beat up
        this thing has been thrown in bat bags, wagons, left in chairs, dropped a hundred times, and ran over by our baseball cart...
        takes a lickin keeps on tickin.
        and I have never changed batteries.. I simply recharge the one it came with using either a PC (usb) or a external cell phone charger battery pack (usb)..

Sucker is probably a unicorn in a mfg plant of shetland ponies.. And I'll get a Shetland..

Comment

it was $60 which is why i got it...i knew it would be abused..if it did half way what i got it for...which was record Tanners at bats... then it paid for itself.. but ive got some real good use out of it..and i dont baby the **** out of it... i put it away nicely in the camera bag when i remember..but most of time it lives in his bat bag or in the console of the truck.

Comment

Ok not an expert on anything electronic by any means but sounds like I turn my phone into a wifi hotspot which inturn send the signals to the camera. So I would still need to actually have a phone signal at the lease for this to work. Unlike Bloothtooth or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              Ok not an expert on anything electronic by any means but sounds like I turn my phone into a wifi hotspot which inturn send the signals to the camera. So I would still need to actually have a phone signal at the lease for this to work. Unlike Bloothtooth or something.
              no.. the camera is the hotspot.

Comment

Comment

you are not connecting to the internet, you are using WiFi to connect to the camera, nothing more, nothing less. Same principal as blue tooth, different technology, that's all.

Comment

Like system said, the phone is the hotspot. You just turn your phone Wifi accept on and it will find the camera. No LTE needed.

Comment

ya'll getting A LOT more info than i had..i just bought it on a whim and hope it turned on ..let alone worked

couldnt justify cost of a gopro at that point..

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        ya'll getting A LOT more info than i had..i just bought it on a whim and hope it turned on ..let alone worked

couldnt justify cost of a gopro at that point..

Yes sir and I am very thankful for it. I hate buying **** that doesn't do what I need ...even if only $60..

If I wasn't using it mostly in a hunting situation where I need remote access and a 3-4 hours worth of on time with said remote access, I would have bought it 6 months ago just to mess with. Thanks for being a super informative guinea pig..

Comment

The waterproof housing on a Go Pro is not meant for sound. If it is raining I use the housing. If not then I use the open back option and the sound is great. I am going to look at some of these less expensive options as well. Will not hurt to have some backup cameras at such low costs. I have three Go Pro cameras....had four....One was misplaced.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                            The waterproof housing on a Go Pro is not meant for sound. If it is raining I use the housing. If not then I use the open back option and the sound is great. I am going to look at some of these less expensive options as well. Will not hurt to have some backup cameras at such low costs. I have three Go Pro cameras....had four....One was misplaced.
                            On the old Go Pros, yes. I agree the sound was muffled.

The new Go Pros do not have this problem.

Comment

Got mine in....comes with more crap than I would ever use. My total shipping included was $48.96. I can't believe all this for that much. Well....we will see if the ol' ya get what ya pay for still holds true. Heading to Best Buy to pick up a micro SD card.
                              Attached Files

Comment

So which one do I need to buy?

Will this work for filming a hunt from a tree stand to feeder 25 yards away?

Comment

Working...
                                X