Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted a GoPro - Bought a FITFORT instead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the one I got. It has the wifi control through phone and a little remote you can use. For $50, it does what I need.

Action Camera Waterproof 4K Underwater Camera Video Sport Camera WiFi Davola 16MP Ultra HD with Remote Control 170° Wide Angle Lens 2 Rechargeable Batteries and Mounting Accessories Kit

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Good deal! Thanks for doing that!

Which one of these two did you get?

I got the one on top but it was on sale when I ordered it.

Hoggslayer

Comment

I have one. I have been using it for three years now with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
          I have one. I have been using it for three years now with no issues.

Which one?

Comment

Which one?
            Sorry, I have a Crosstour knockoff. Works great and came with everything. Like this one.

Comment

Here's another test video.

Sometimes the apps on the phone dont work all that great. I've tried 6 or 7 diffrent one. The FN camera App seems to work the best but the playback is glitchy. It plays back on other apps fine. Playback streaming is limited to about 20 yards (glitchy passed 10) but the start stop seems to work out to about 25 yards in clear sight.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Have one as well.. use for the kids baseball games and as a dash cam. Works great.. GREAT high quality video/audio.. and can take a 64GB SD card..
                comes with a remote, and every freakin attachment you could ever want and the waterproofcase..
                best part is i dont have to baby the thing ..

I dont like the phone app.. but i hardly use it anyway.. usually just stick the sdcard in a laptop..

Comment

Wanted a GoPro - Bought a FITFORT instead.

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                  Here's another test video.

Sometimes the apps on the phone dont work all that great. I've tried 6 or 7 diffrent one. The FN camera App seems to work the best but the playback is glitchy. It plays back on other apps fine. Playback streaming is limited to about 20 yards (glitchy passed 10) but the start stop seems to work out to about 25 yards in clear sight.

Hoggslayer

That’s great news on the start stop distance.

Comment

That’s great news on the start stop distance.
                    I've seen some that have a remote key fob. That would be a nice feature if it worked a little further.

Comment

This one is not an Amazon special for $50, but its the one I bought recently and I like it. I have the same problem as Smart with the distance. This one is definitely better than the GoPro with that aspect

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
                        Inside-the-house video quality is excellent. I'll have to see how it does in the sun / outdoors. Taking it fishing and then to the shooting range to see how it does, and see how far the remote works outdoors and how long the batteries / card lasts.

All the best,
                        Glenn
                        Looking forward to the in the field testing. I avoided gopro specifically because of the price. I had friends that used them when we snowmobiled in New Mexico. They constantly had their gloves off just to get it recording.

Comment

So the other elephant in the room is......battery life.

What are you guys getting for battery life?.....and can you get extended batteries? Mine would basically be needing to sitting on a tripod in the on position for a 3-4 hour hunt and then turned to record when I am about to video an animal...shooting or not for a short period. I'm assuming you can't toggle them on and off via the remote. Just record and stop? I don't mind charging after every hunt or buying multiple batteries but I need it to be able to stay on for the entire morning or evening hunt. 90% of this will be in turkey season so temps shouldn't be a factor

Comment

So the other elephant in the room is......battery life.

What are you guys getting for battery life?.....and can you get extended batteries? Mine would basically be needing to sitting on a tripod in the on position for a 3-4 hour hunt and then turned to record when I am about to video an animal...shooting or not for a short period. I'm assuming you can't toggle them on and off via the remote. Just record and stop? I don't mind charging after every hunt or buying multiple batteries but I need it to be able to stay on for the entire morning or evening hunt. 90% of this will be in turkey season so temps shouldn't be a factor
                            That's a tough one. The thing I liked about the GoPro was the battery "backpack" which allowed a second battery to be attached and gave you the extra time you needed.

On the camera I posted above, you can buy a separate battery pack, which I did. It would probably work with most cameras as I think it is just a generic USB type connection. Here it is

Comment

Battery life sucks!!! I get maybe 1.5 hours of continuous use on a full charge. You can continue to record using a USB external charger.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                                Battery life sucks!!! I get maybe 1.5 hours of continuous use on a full charge. You can continue to record using a USB external charger.

Continuous use meaning just turned on?

Comment

Working...
                                X