Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You don't have to identify yourself anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perow View Post
    I am gonna start speeding around the area flyby patrols. When I finally stop I am gonna jump out and take off running, I just want to see how long it takes your dog to catch me [emoji16]

Stay safe out there & thanks for what you do
    Hahaa, please do!!! Sounds like fun. Soon after I got my dog just for fun put radar on him. 30+ mph! How far you think you can get?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      For those that don't answer questions from the police, Mr. Fletes may anger you.

I literally had beef jerky in my mouth when I started my conversation with this guy in front of the truck stop.

"Hey man what's up" can be a really useful tool sometimes...

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/tx-court...s/1572129.html
      Great job!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
        Actually to me the biggest problem is the LEO in all these videos don't seem to know where their authority comes from. Must have skilled that day in the academy.

If you have a legal investigative reason to detain and ID someone and they refuse to comply arrest the little ***** and take him/her in for fingerprinting and identification and charge the with failure to ID.

Sometimes cops are suspicious but have no legal standing so they request your ID. Its your job to know your rights and weather you have to comply or not.

On the same token its the LEO job to know where his power comes from and how to handle someone refusing a legal request not just tuck their tale and run.

****** me off seeing fellow officers get made to look like a fool but maybe it will force them to learn what they should have in the academy.

kronik by Diamond
        Are you saying that you have the authority to arrest/fingerprint someone who has been lawfully detained for investigative purposes but simply won't identify themselves? I'm assuming we're not talking about a traffic stop. Lets use the example of a car with no lights on, backed in near the rear of a closed business at 0200 hours. You make contact with the occupant who is sitting in the car. You ask for them to ID and they refuse. Yes you have lawfully detained them based on reasonable suspicion, but you do not have PC that a crime has been committed. You are merely conducting an investigative detention. Are you saying that their refusal to ID in this circumstance gives the authority to arrest/transport/fingerprint and charge this person with failure to identify?

Comment

Tony traffic stop is not casual contact. Traffic stop is legal detention.
          Casual encounter- you are sitting in a park and I walk up and start talking to you- After a few minutes I ask for ID. You can refuse or comply. I have to accept what you decide. If I just continue to sit there after you refuse most of the time the person will turn it into something more- Example. Throw cigarette on ground- become uncomfortable and say they just smoked a joint- say they have warrants - etc- At that point the casual encounter is over

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post
            Okay, watched part of this one. Idiot who obviously had police called on him for something, then was uncooperative with cops responding. Plain stupid. Cops doing their job, idiot intentionally taking video hoping for a civil rights violation and trying to antagonize cops into a civil rights violation so he can make money. Same voice as the previous video you posted. "I want to do anything I can to **** off cops so they mess up and violate my rights so I can get rich".

You have lost all credibility. I've seen this and dealt with this many times in my career. IDIOTS are everywhere. Won't even look at your last post, bet it's the same idiot.
            Lol, I am on your side buddy.
            I think a person videoing federal buildings should be questioned and should have to provide id.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
              I think a person videoing federal buildings should be questioned and should have to provide id.
              Oops, sorry buddy. Thought you were posting these because you supported the IDIOTS. My bad and my apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                We are a Federal contractor in the defense business and had a yahoo last year stand on public sidewalk. Our security nor police could move him. He refused to show ID to Richardson PD so the LEO told him to stay off of private property or he would be trespassing. LE was called out by our security team as a suspicious person and the guy still didn't have to produce ID...

Comment

Oops, sorry buddy. Thought you were posting these because you supported the IDIOTS. My bad and my apologies.
                  No, it just blows my mind that a person can just walk up and cuss a police officer up and down, call him every name in the book. And the officer has to just take it.
                  Then if the officer asks for an id, the person can just tell him to f-off???
                  I have seen it first hand.

Comment

Being a jerk about it and not having to prove my ID are two different things.

Or is being polite and non-confrontational, and refusing to show ID, still being a jerk in your mind?

Comment

A lot of people in this world, both LEO and citizens alike, who enjoy having negative, combative interactions with people.

I'll never understand it.

Comment

Hahaa, please do!!! Sounds like fun. Soon after I got my dog just for fun put radar on him. 30+ mph! How far you think you can get?
                        I might make it 5-10" just depends how long it takes you to let him out

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                          We are a Federal contractor in the defense business and had a yahoo last year stand on public sidewalk. Our security nor police could move him. He refused to show ID to Richardson PD so the LEO told him to stay off of private property or he would be trespassing. LE was called out by our security team as a suspicious person and the guy still didn't have to produce ID...
                          I remember this. That's where I work. Guy was trying to get someone to violate his rights so he could sue. Didn't work.

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                          Being a jerk about it and not having to prove my ID are two different things.

Or is being polite and non-confrontational, and refusing to show ID, still being a jerk in your mind?
                          Again, see my previous posts. Only used the term "jerk" based on someone else's post. I won't be asking for ID unless something is already suspicious about your actions or I was dispatched. Refusing to provide it under already suspicious circumstances makes things more suspicious based on my experience, which warrants additional investigation. Being polite and non-confrontational is good, I will be the same, but I will probably still continue to be a bit nosy.

Originally posted by perow View Post
                          I might make it 5-10" just depends how long it takes you to let him out

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            Cop: Can I please see your ID

Me: No, go f yourself & go away

Cop: OK, sorry to bother you.

Me: Move Faster Pig!!

Cop: Yes sir...please don't tell my sergeant!!

sigh...
                            Had to laugh at that

Comment

Working...
                            X