Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You don't have to identify yourself anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
    The new “texting and driving” law is also a citation only law.
    Thanks, didn't know that. Wasn't too interested since it's not really an offense that's enforceable (I see you typing on phone- don't know if typing address into gps or buddies phone number). Stupid law passed by politicians who have no idea what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
      Most police officers know when they can and can't ID somebody. Out of curiosity though, have any of you just been minding your own business, doing nothing wrong, or not been on some sort of scene where law enforcement had been called and had an LEO come up and want to see your ID? Because from a LE standpoint I know in 16 years I've never ID'd anybody that wasn't a witness, suspect, violator or somebody directly related to a call I was on...
      Yep, kind of my point. KFD82 backed out of the thread when I got to this point. I was just starting to enjoy the conversation. He has his rights- just not sure he is clear on when the best time to exercise them is. Stay safe brother.

Comment

Reach in your pocket for your cell phone while yelling this- you have the wrong guy and I ain't gettin on the ground. This is foolproof, try it.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
          Most police officers know when they can and can't ID somebody. Out of curiosity though, have any of you just been minding your own business, doing nothing wrong, or not been on some sort of scene where law enforcement had been called and had an LEO come up and want to see your ID? Because from a LE standpoint I know in 16 years I've never ID'd anybody that wasn't a witness, suspect, violator or somebody directly related to a call I was on...
          Originally posted by flyby View Post
          Yep, kind of my point. KFD82 backed out of the thread when I got to this point. I was just starting to enjoy the conversation. He has his rights- just not sure he is clear on when the best time to exercise them is. Stay safe brother.
          And here people believe officers have nothing better to do than to go around looking for people just to violate their rights.

Thank you for what you guys do

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
            Well, not exactly.....

"Sec. 521.025. LICENSE TO BE CARRIED AND EXHIBITED ON DEMAND; CRIMINAL PENALTY. (a) A person required to hold a license under Section 521.021 shall:

(1) have in the person's possession while operating a motor vehicle the class of driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle operated; and

(2) display the license on the demand of a magistrate, court officer, or peace officer."

You can be arrested for Failure to Carry/Exhibit DL, so that invalidates your theory that you can get pulled over for speeding and just shoot the ole Officer the middle finger and be on your way.
            You made a blanket statement is why I brought it up. I was wondering if you would catch that.
            Last edited by CrookedArrow; 05-16-2018, 06:07 AM. Reason: Speelin

Comment

I was asked for my ID yesterday! Wasn't doing anything wrong, just going about my daily travels. I told that clerk at my Credit Union....FO Biatch! Go get me my money! I know my rights....why you trying to oppress my freedoms!

Anybody got $20 I can borrow?

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post
                Wow. I personally will never come to take your guns away. I'm on the right wing side, and still respect your privacy rights. I have a job to do, based on the US Constitution and Texas laws. I love my job. I love working with a K9. I get great personal satisfaction from the fact that doing my job provides MOST of our citizens with a sense of security and the knowledge that when things go sideways we will be there as soon as we can to make things as right as possible. Some people we will never please, but most of them are on the wrong side of the law.
                I get that some cops won't grab guns but many would do such a thing, I understand good cops are out there but even in history it shows you cannot fully trust them example is Nazi Germany when the sort of police force dragged Jews away and confiscated guns and killed Jews, I would rather have my rights and not compromise, start compromising and that's how they go away

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  Yes sir. Answer nothing, other than your name and birthday.
                  1 question leads to another, etc...
                  Cops are public servants, in essence they work for you, yet their main tactics, are bullying, lieing, coercion, in an attempt to arrest you for something.
                  Anymore, you can take me downtown, before I'll say anything to em. I have 0 criminal history, yet I've found myself in the Dallas jail on 4 seperate occasion, for a warrant that mysteriously dissapeared, as soon as they got me booked in . I could go on all night with stories, and other jails.
                  Have hair that's a little long, you're getting profiled, marked, and accused, before you ever make contact. Fact. It's absolutely ridiculous, the powertrip cops get on.
                  Have just a single key in the ignition, on I-20, then my car is absolutely a drop vehicle packed with dope. Please sit here sir, in this 100° heat for the next 3 hrs, while we dismantle your car, to find absolutely nothing!! You can go now sir, good luck putting your vehicle back together, and we could care less that the door panels we ripped off will never fit back right.
                  Hot ****, that sh$$ makes my blood boil!!!!

If I recall your are one of the most pro ganga guys on the site?

Post #16

Uh Oh!!!!!!

I would say the LEO's have you profiled pretty well ya big hippy!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sheesh. Do you have to ID? No. Should the cops go around randomly asking everyone for ID? No. Does you showing them ID mean the government is gonna come ship you off to a camp? No. Will being a pain about it even if you are "right" give you more of a headache? Yes. Pick your battles. I get it, police overreach is a bad thing. The way our police system has been neutered and the complete lack of respect is just as bad.
                    Last edited by jdg13; 05-16-2018, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack S. View Post
                      I get that some cops won't grab guns but many would do such a thing, I understand good cops are out there but even in history it shows you cannot fully trust them example is Nazi Germany when the sort of police force dragged Jews away and confiscated guns and killed Jews, I would rather have my rights and not compromise, start compromising and that's how they go away
                      F A Right!.....great comparison.....American cops = Nazi's!

Is your last name missing "hit"? Because you surely don't know......

Comment

Wow.

I bet that sounded better in your head...

Comment

Some people watching too much cnn and Facebook feeds.....

Start a poll

At 42 I have never been asked to identify unless I was in violation of the law.

Anyone else?

It is a stupid arguement. Those “cops” are your neighbors and friends not some black boot military radical strike force....good grief

Comment

I'm asked to identify myself all the time...when i fly, when i cash checks, when i write checks, when i check into hotels,... occaisionally when i buy alcohol which is funny as hell and i usually leave a tip...
                            There are more important things to get worked up about... like dumbasses on the highway that think they are above any laws...

Comment

If you live in a sanctuary city which Im sure all the big 4 in Texas are, just tell them your name is Juan Gonzalez from Mexico and you have no ID. You will be back out on the street in hours with no charges filed.

Comment

sorry i wont bend over for cops who i will remind you are the ones who will come and take your guns away, i beleive what is wrong with this country is the want to get rid of our rights on both sides of the political spectrum, the guns on the left and the privacy rights on the right wing,
                                Now you are really reaching........if and when we lose our guns, it won't be in any of our lifetimes. And I seriously doubt the police are looking to take your guns. Every cop I know is 'pro-gun'

Comment

Working...
                                X