Need a New Ford Dealership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    That's the interesting part...I keep common courtesy top of mind in a lot of business dealings. It's not always the deciding factor, but it's always a factor. I have found a dealership (or at least a salesman) that's shown loyalty to me, my family, and my business for about 20 years now. He saved my bacon more than once. And I return that loyalty to him. It's a chicken/egg argument for sure as far as who's loyal first and how far it goes, but it has served me, and him, very well.

People are quick to say that there is no loyalty anymore, the same people usually aren't loyal to anyone. (Not aimed at you)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m sure it has! Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I bet if a new Ford house coming in awarded him a great big excavation/utilities/concrete contract, he would have.[emoji1360]

It's a really odd aspect of business that I think about a lot. My best customers are not necessarily my biggest...but moreso my most loyal. I think that can be a fault sometimes, but I still believe in it.

So what your saying is that loyalty can be bought?[emoji16]

Comment

Need a New Ford Dealership

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
        I’m sure it has! Carry on.

So, by that comment, I assume you want whoever you buy whatever from, to lose his *** on your purchase. I can see why you think there is no loyalty anymore. Like I said, I've checked my guy and never had anyone beat him by more than $1200, and the guy that did was gonna waste my time trying to get it back...I could tell. BTW, these are not exactly priuseses I buy.

He saved me $6000 on a repair one time when $6000 was a hell of a lot of money to me, and I didn't have to ask him to do it...he just did it. He hasn't cost me 1/4 of that since on 5-6 truck purchases, by buying from him rather than someone who was $400 cheaper.

Sorry to derail, Curt (I'm really not)[emoji23]. But as I said, I find this aspect of business interesting.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-25-2018, 11:03 PM.

Comment

I am exactly like you. I use the same trades almost every job. And I tell them to give me a good price, if I catch you trying to hit a homerun off me, it's over. I do price check them, but if its close, my guy gets the job. Only had to fire 2 so far for that.

I have bought my last 2 at Tomball and Crosby. Good experience with both. Tomball just didn't have the truck I wanted this last time so I found it at Crosby and bought it in one day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            So what your saying is that loyalty can be bought?[emoji16]

I'm saying it can open doors, and be mutually beneficial.

I also appreciate my truck guy more and more, reading these replies. No telling what he's saved me in time, on top of the other ways.

Comment

Yes, Tommie Vaughn
              Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Tommy Vaughn?

I'm not a ford guy but those I know swear by them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Henson Dealerships in Madisonville have treated me well. Absolutely worth the drive

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                  Dilly Dilly!

Mcree Ford in League City!
                  Winner^^^^^
                  Especially fleet vehicles.

Comment

This thread didn't disappoint

Good luck Curt. That dealership clearly dropped the ball on the whole business networking thing.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      Hahahahhaha. Lots of good leads. I’ll find one I like and give them some business.

I am personal friends with one of the managers at Tomball ford. We have a relationship you speak of. Great pricing and delivered trucks to our shop anytime we need one. We work paper work out later. Great guy. He calls me for electrical jobs on occasion. If you want his personal info pm me. I guarantee he will take care of you. Great guy to know trust me.

Comment

Navasota Ford . I've bought a couple trucks from them over the phone. Beat ever ones price without any dickering ( thats a funny word to use )

Comment

I bought a few from Mcree. I drive a Volvo now though so my opinion is no better than my wife’s.

Comment

I have read all the posts to this thread and can see all the different opinions or views of folks on here. Actually I am impressed that it has stayed positive and not got all boogered up with name calling and such.

I would like to offer my opinion or view for what its worth. I am a small business owner and pride myself in customer loyalty, for me its a reflection of how I run my business. I also know the feeling of not having the opportunity to give a quote on a purchase for equipment, especially when I show up to the shop and see a new piece of equipment in the yard. That USED to bother the heck out of me for days or weeks.

I own a business(15 years) therefore profits are a must, if its not a good deal for both of us, I will walk away and give my blessings to the customer and keep it positive. I had to learn that.

I will play the devils advocate here and say this. Curt you seem to really like this dealership and the service that was provided there. I understand your train of thought with not getting a real chance to bid on the work and the loyalty aspect. I would send the owner a thank you card for letting your company bid on the project and leave it at that. I am sure the dealership knows your not happy, and I would still give them another shot at your business. Just give them a gentle reminder of the project that you lost out on.

A couple of what ifs now, What if you bid on the job and were so far out of the ball park against the others? How would the owner feel? What if you got the job and it turned out to be nightmare and your lost your azz? Maybe you dodged a bullet, I dont know. We all know how the brother in law specials work out. We also know all about the lowest bidder as well.
                            Last edited by Radar; 04-26-2018, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              Don't do that!!!

Dilly Dilly!!!

Comment

I will second, or third, the folks that have suggested Henson in Madisonville. They are a great place to buy work trucks (Ford, Dodge, or Chevy). Small town dealer, much like the one you are leaving I think. (I think I found one of your used trucks on the lot at Christmas time over in Cleveland)
                                I dont think you'll regret going with Henson.

Comment

Working...
                                X