Need a New Ford Dealership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
    What did the owner of the dealership say when you asked him about him picking the contractor before you even got a chance to bid on the job ?

He denied it. But through others, I know.

Comment

Wouldnt give that place another dime.
      Sour lake seems to get a lot of positive reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Have zero tolerance for a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          Have zero tolerance for a liar.

And I couldn’t let him know I knew without revealing my source. Best just to move on.

Comment

I've found that loyalty means very little to those that don't have it, and means the world to those that do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

About sums it up..... makes life slot simpler

Comment

Well with that information, I reckon its time to move on. I must have not read that part in the original post. Henson is the one I have heard before, one of my oilfield customers like them real well.

Comment

And I couldn’t let him know I knew without revealing my source. Best just to move on.
                I agree, Mr. Curt. There are times for whuppin' arse; there are times for kissin' arse, and there are times for movin' arse. This is the time to move on. He will know that he screwed up and lost a good customer. No need to tell him.

Comment

Mac haik Ford, I work for a large Civil GC in Houston (prob seen our trucks with the big yellow stripe working on the San Jac emergency bridge repair) we purchase all of our trucks from them. Always a great deal and great service, unless of course I missed this is the place you were referring too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never met you, Curt...I did meet (I'm assuming) your father a few years back when I worked for Mr. Thompson for CPI in Conroe. Just from dealing with you fellas on the phone periodically, I would have utmost confidence in sending anyone to you who needed earth work done

I hate that you didn't even get the simple courtesy of a chance to bid on the job. I don't believe that is too much to ask from a dealer that you do that amount of business with on a regular basis.

I'll second the Sour Lake Motors and Henson suggestions. Both will be on the outskirts of the mileage limit for you, but having done business with both, on personal and business fronts, I don't think you would be disappointed with either one

Comment

Bill Fick Ford in Huntsville! Best experience ever!

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                        Do you know the owners of the dealership personally and are you sure they know exactly what business you are in? I don’t know them at all but I know how the dealership business works ( my family has been doing it since 1971) and most of the time the sales team and the business management team don’t converse that much.

That being said, loyalty to a vehicle dealership is in my opinion asinine. They are selling a product. They all sell the same product. I ply them all against each other for the lowest price because none of them offer you anything that every other one doesn’t offer.

It takes 5 minutes to type up an email outlining exactly what you want. Send it to 20 different dealership’s internet sales managers and ‘cc all of them on the same email. It will be like sharks circling a bleeding seal.

All of that aside, Vernon is typically the best cheapest place to buy a Ford. Every dealership has to service them no matter where they were bought.

Ok but there’s a whole lot to be said for relationships and level of service. You think Curt has been low bidder on every construction job his company has done? Absolutely not. I can assure you he has strong relationships with owners and general contractors that has led to the growth of his business. People get so caught up in up front Costs, most rarely see the bigger picture. So while it’s great to get a great price, what else are you getting, or not getting.

And as for the situation, I would do the exact same thing. I hate to lose. More so than most, I assure you. And while you will win some and lose some, to not even get a look is beyond frustrating.

To the original point, heard good things about sour lake as mentioned.
                        Last edited by JLivi1224; 04-27-2018, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                          Ok but there’s a whole lot to be said for relationships and level of service. You think Curt has been low bidder on every construction job his company has done? Absolutely not. I can assure you he has strong relationships with owners and general contractors that has led to the growth of his business. People get so caught up in up front Costs, most rarely see the bigger picture. So while it’s great to get a great price, what else are you getting, or not getting.

And as for the situation, I would do the exact same thing. I hate to lose. More so than most, I assure you. And while you will win some and lose some, to not even get a look is beyond frustrating.

To the original point, heard good things about sour lake as mentioned.

I agree with you when it comes to service related purchases......Concrete, electricians, plumbers, dirt work , roofers etc. you normally get what you pay for.

Vehicles, however, are commodity items. The one at Big Jim’s is exactly the same as the one at Honest Abe’s. If they aren’t then there are major problems. I don’t count the service departments. That is a separate side of the business and I classify that with what I listed above.

Fortunately, I’m a pretty good mechanic so I only need the service department while the vehicle is under warranty. I’m not paying someone to work on my vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                          X