Need a New Ford Dealership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tbone3636 View Post
    I had a completely different experience from southwest on their public sales side... after an hour of bs at my last attempt to ask the price of the vehicle I was told they needed to run my credit first.... I live close to there but will never go there again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear this a lot about them, I went through the same thing with James Wood in Decatur.

I find the car/truck business fascinating....especially the loyalty (or lack thereof) aspect.

A random guy shops 5 dealers against each other to fight each other over 500-1500$ on a $60+ thousand dollar vehicle. Then when she spits the bit 4000 miles out of warranty, he's ****** because the dealer won't help, and the salesman won't take his call....it's an odd dynamic. I know I'm in the minority, but I still believe loyalty goes a long ways when it's well placed, I've seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      That's one way to do it...but I think that's asinine.

I email one guy, He emails me a price and I come get the truck. I check him against others about every 4th purchase and he's always within reason. I don't care if he's the cheapest, he has the best service dept BY FAR I've ever walked in, he's honest, he has good people around him and I know if something were to go bad wrong, that he has my back, and the stroke to make things happen. I also know he's gonna be there next time I need a vehicle.

I've found that loyalty means very little to those that don't have it, and means the world to those that do.

They must love you coming in for new Prius!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        I typically buy a few work trucks a year. Probably average about 8 per year. Some years more, some years less. Some are XL and some are Lariat. Some are F150 and some are F250...a few F350-F550 over the years. I've been a loyal customer to the same Ford store for many years. I don't shop price. I don't compare prices. I call and tell them what I want and I expect to get a fair price and I expect great service. I'm familiar and friendly with the sales manager, the service manager and the owner himself. I'm loyal.

Recently, my Ford store decided to expand their parking area. Well, I'm a contractor that does earthwork, utilities and concrete. I literally build parking lots everyday. They know this. Right up my alley, right? Except I don't get a phone call. I don't get a set of plans to look over. Nothing. I got a call from someone that works there that I should call and see if I could bid it. I went through the process only to learn that the job had been awarded BEFORE I even looked at it.

I work in a tough, cut-throat industry. I'm a tough competitor myself. I'm not afraid of competition because it keeps us sharp. However, I'm VERY loyal to my suppliers and vendors. I'm honest to a fault and I expect the same in return. They were under no obligation to let me do their project, but I'm under no obligation to buy all my trucks there either. It's simply time to part ways. I hope their local-yokel contractor turns out to be a good customer for them. I ain't bitter, but I am vengeful.[emoji3][emoji3]

So, whattaya got? Recommend me a Ford house that wouldn't mind some new business. No fancy showroom places. No Planet Fords or Megaplex AutoTowns. I'm looking for good ole boys that want to sell trucks. For service reasons it needs to be within 100miles of Houston.

I can see why you would be upset. What if the owner of that dealership has been loyal to his contractor for the last 20 years and didn’t price shop because of his loyalty to his contractor?

I understand the I scratch your back you scratch mine kinda of mentality but without knowing this for sure I wouldn’t write the dealership off.

Last edited by Black Ice; 04-25-2018, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
          They must love you coming in for new Prius!

I see some moderating has been done. Edit and apologies[emoji1360]

Comment

I see some moderating has been done. Edit and apologies[emoji1360]

Yes it has!!!

Comment

That was a flurry of non ford dealership finding fury!

Comment

I'm certain they don't buy more trucks than I do.

Some semi pertinent info some missed

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                I can see why you would be upset. What if the owner of that dealership has been loyal to his contractor for the last 20 years and didn’t price shop because of his loyalty to his contractor?

That's a viable explanation. But common courtesy would be to give a chance to bid the job (before it's awarded) Not required by any stretch, but good business.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                  That was a flurry of non ford dealership finding fury!

Hahahahhaha. Lots of good leads. I’ll find one I like and give them some business.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand this not price shopping business.... but I don't keep trucks long enough to need much service.....

I guess I'll be the odd one out and say that I'll never even bother dealing with the Covert dealerships again.

I've tried like hell to buy a truck from them on 4 or 5 different occasions and despite their promises, they just couldn't get within 5 grand of the same deal I could get anywhere else.

The first one was a loaner that someone had beat the heck out of the bed and had a couple thousand miles on it - they tried to sell my a bed liner on top of charging me retail. The next one they ordered in for me and screwed up the bed length, then they couldn't keep the details of my trade straight, then the most recent time they just flat out lied to me about what my one year old Ford was worth.

I won't be going back, but glad you guys have had a good experience with them.

I've had good experiences with Mac Haik in Austin, but they aren't close to you and they aren't small either.

Comment

That's a viable explanation. But common courtesy would be to give a chance to bid the job (before it's awarded) Not required by any stretch, but good business.

It is good business but it doesn’t seem like Curt has given anyone else a chance to get his business for ford trucks until now[emoji3]

Comment

But you and I know both know common courtesy has gone by the way side. There no loyalty anymore anymore, especially with dealerships!! They could care less about how many trucks have been bought from them.

Comment

Hahahahhaha. Lots of good leads. I’ll find one I like and give them some business.
                          Outta all that. The one from Frankston sounds like I'd give a shot. Take your golf clubs and go play Pine Dunes there. One of the best unknown, little played courses in Texas!
                          Last edited by Abcdj; 04-25-2018, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            It is good business but it doesn’t seem like Curt has given anyone else a chance to get his business for ford trucks until now[emoji3]

I bet if a new Ford house coming in awarded him a great big excavation/utilities/concrete contract, he would have.[emoji1360]

It's a really odd aspect of business that I think about a lot. My best customers are not necessarily my biggest...but moreso my most loyal. I think that can be a fault sometimes, but I still believe in it.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                              Dilly Dilly!
                              Don't do that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                                But you and I know both know common courtesy has gone by the way side. There no loyalty anymore anymore, especially with dealerships!! They could care less about how many trucks have been bought from them.

That's the interesting part...I keep common courtesy top of mind in a lot of business dealings. It's not always the deciding factor, but it's always a factor. I have found a dealership (or at least a salesman) that's shown loyalty to me, my family, and my business for about 20 years now. He saved my bacon more than once. And I return that loyalty to him. It's a chicken/egg argument for sure as far as who's loyal first and how far it goes, but it has served me, and him, very well.

People are quick to say that there is no loyalty anymore, the same people usually aren't loyal to anyone. (Not aimed at you)

Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-25-2018, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X