No announcement yet.

Who has not seen a tornado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a small one as a kid. Saw another during Harvey that formed about 400 yds behind my house, but only lasted about 20 seconds and didn’t have much shape to it. My neighbor got a little video of it.

Comment

Didn't see it, but felt the one that went through Garland and Rowlett 2 Xmas' ago. 2 blocks from my house. I pulled on the back door as it came through and it pulled shut, heard the train and torn tail to the bathroom with the family. I always wanted to chase them until I went to a friend's house and saw the aftermath of the streets around me.

No thanks!

Comment

One tornado woke me up in the middle of the night with Hurricane Brett. I've always said I wanted to experience A hurricane, along came Harvey to fulfill that want. I was in the middle of it, and witnessed all its aftermath. Never again....

Comment

At least your wife has sense. Texas tornado storms no way Stormy umm maybe

Comment

Finally saw a wall cloud last week when those supercells popped up around McKinney. The one that hit Rowlett went past my neighborhood and missed the house by about half mile. I wasn't home at the time, but if things had gone as usual, I probably would've been one of the casualties. Instead, we had diverted to my in-laws for dinner, unbeknownst of any twister at the time. In fact, while at my in-laws, I saw the flashes of green and assumed it was lightning with embedded hail. Instead, it was the tornado taking down utility lines.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              I was chasing a few once.. saw houses disappear, cars and trucks flying through the air, even cows whizzing by the windshield... we finally got a trrashcan full of pokemon balls into position to be sucked up into one..still not entirely sure why...it was the ex-wifes idea....when the truck got stuck on a telephone pole that had been snapped like a toothpick and hurled at us... we got off it and then ran to a farm house.. where we hid in a shed of old sickles, cutting blades, knives, etc - but got out of there and strapped our selves with a drive belt to a water pipe in a well house... same 'nado (thats what we call 'em) that threw the cow and snapped the pole wasnt strong enough to break my kung-fu grip on that water pipe...and I was able to save my ex-wife.
              You didn't lash yourself to those pipes with leather straps?? That's an awesome
              grip.....Kung Fu wise!!

Comment

My personal experience....back in 1987...got caught in the midst of a tornado in Kerrviile that touched down at the Texas Lions Camp. The head cowboy and myself were turning the horses loose out of the horse barn into the pasture in the middle of the storm...an awesome adrenaline rush and spooky at the same time. I'm originally from Wisconsin..and as a teenager and younger adult I would see a water spout or two on occassion also as Green Bay and the surrounding areas are enveloped by bays and lakes.

Comment

I've seen funnel clouds but nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Lmao

Texastornado was an f5 out of nowhere
                    What happened with Texas tornado?

I've never seen a tornado.

Comment

Lol Were you watching Twister on TV yesterday too?

In all seriousness, we had a pretty bad one hit the farm when I was a child living in Skidmore (Bee County). I was too young to remember. I just remember being scared because dad was. That... and the sound! Like thousands of nails on a chalk board.

Comment

I saw one headed out I-10 if a field when I was maybe 11 or so. Very vivid memory!!! It wasn't even big but I was scared for sure.

Seen a ton of funnel clouds as well.

Comment

Some years back we were working on a well north of Abliene in a plowed field. The rain clouds started forming so we shut down and got out of that soon to be mudhole. Out of curiosity I drove over to Lake Phantom and parked on the east side with a good view. I watched one big cloud coming from the west and then another coming from the south. They started rotating and I could see a funnel dropping down into the lake and towards me. I left out and watched the tornado ripping up the lake water and then it hit the shore and debris started flying. It moved off to the east and the rain made it too difficult to see any more. Years later we drilled a well on a farm east of there and the owner told me and showed me where that same tornado had gone through his place and pretty much tore the house up. There was still sheet metal wrapped around trees, poles and all that. Fascinating sight.

Another time I watched one about 1/2 mile from my brand new house porch as it danced along highway 80. Very interesting but scary at the same time.

The Rowlett tornado a couple years ago missed my house by 300 yards. We lost power for several days. That was the day after Christmas and it got freaking cold! Way too close for comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Lmao

Texastornado was an f5 out of nowhere
                            Just picked up the kiddos up at school here in Boling and the F5 just went by.
                            No Bull****!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                              Just picked up the kiddos up at school here in Boling and the F5 just went by.
                              No Bull****!!!
                              Really???

Comment

Saw a good many of them while growing up in Brownwood, made it through a couple while in storm cellar

Comment

Working...
                                X