No announcement yet.

Who has not seen a tornado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen two in one day. At the same time. Saw a huge one once that picked my buddies trailer house up and set it back down upside down. Didn't break hardly anything in it.

Comment

Never have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been way too close.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          I was chasing a few once.. saw houses disappear, cars and trucks flying through the air, even cows whizzing by the windshield... we finally got a trrashcan full of pokemon balls into position to be sucked up into one..still not entirely sure why...it was the ex-wifes idea....when the truck got stuck on a telephone pole that had been snapped like a toothpick and hurled at us... we got off it and then ran to a farm house.. where we hid in a shed of old sickles, cutting blades, knives, etc - but got out of there and strapped our selves with a drive belt to a water pipe in a well house... same 'nado (thats what we call 'em) that threw the cow and snapped the pole wasnt strong enough to break my kung-fu grip on that water pipe...and I was able to save my ex-wife.
          If I remember correctly you had a good looking ex wife. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
            If I remember correctly you had a good looking ex wife. Lol
            Didn’t she leave him for Tom Hanks? But then Tom got stranded on an island and so she married again. Fickle woman!

Comment

Seen more than I care to! Been lucky though and never took a direct hit yet!

Comment

Have not but always wanted to.

Comment

I've seen a few. Grew up in the panhandle and the news guy came on the air that there was a tornado on the ground west of town. Me and dad got the ladder out and crawled up on the roof to see it. Apparently everybody else in the neighborhood had the same idea as well, funny to see everybody standing up there. Got a few good pics, 1 main tornado and 2 smaller intermittent ones.

Was dove hunting in Kingsville back in the mid 90's and had one come down a few miles away. While we were watching it, got checked by wardens and they couldn't believe we were still out there hunting. didn't last long though.

A couple of years ago, was on HWY 75 south of Sherman and tornado warnings went out. Was only 1/2 mile from that one, although it never really formed well and came all the way to the ground. Got some video though.

Always wanted to see a well-formed tornado relatively close.

Comment

Have never seen one. Have been close to a few, but always at night when there was no visibility.

Comment

I have seen several water spouts in the gulf and in the bays

Comment

So far I am still stuck with unlucky number 13 tornados I have witnessed. Mostly in North and South Dakota. Biggest was an F5 that roared through Aberdeen SD in 1996. The damage left in its wake was unbelievable. When you see John Deere tractors and combines tossed around like rag dolls, INSANE!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Never seen one.

Comment

Just water spouts out in the gulf, that's close enough for me!

Comment

Not me.

Comment

Back in college I was fishing farm ponds in the vast short-grass prairie of Osage County Oklahoma. We were just on the edge of a nasty storm cell and a tornado dropped down about 1/4-1/2 mile away. (no trees around there - you can see forever.) It was one of those classic "Wizard of Oz" types - a long skinny funnel that danced along the ground. It was going away from us and we just stood there and watched, slack-jawed until it went back up in the clouds.

Comment

Working...
                                X