No announcement yet.

Who has not seen a tornado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rode one out in the 80's in a sheetmetal fabrication shop with lots of metal stacked throughout the shop. It tore off one section of the building, but luckily didn't fling all the metal around. I watched through a crack in the door as half of a pine tree rolled over my truck like a tumbleweed. The twister picked up a flock of snow geese and scattered them over several miles...there were dead and wounded geese everywhere.

Not something I want to ever experience again.

Comment

Never seen one and would like to keep it that way...

Comment

I haven't seen one directly. I've stumbled upon the immediate aftermaths of a few small ones over the years. We were directly under the eye of one in Sydney NE one time. I was driving on the interstate and couldn't see it. Lady friend looked up through top of windshield, saw 'the eye' and prompted me to 'speed up!' We got tornado confirmation on the local radio waves moments later.

Comment

Not up close. Moving cloud walls that scared me yes.

Comment

Grew up on the ocean, so I've seen lots of waterspouts.

Seen 1 tornado w my eyes in ~2000 NW of Austin.

In ~2009, I was under 1 in Cedar Park as it developed. It eventually formed and damaged the cinemas around I35. I was sitting under a covered patio watching a stor. come in. It was raining hard, the large drips that looked like they could turn to hail any moment. In a gust, the drops stopped midair, just hovering. Then they started rolling left to right, over my neighbors fence, sideways across my yard, and over my fence. You could feel the updraft. Pretty neat to see.

Here is a good sized dust devil from NW Texas a few years back.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve seen the sky turn the most gorgeous turquoise ever, then the whole sky spin in a circle like something in a movie. Followed by a torrential downpour of pea sized hail. Close enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
                I've seen some big dang dust devils, some HUGE waterspouts, and a few funnel clouds dropping out of storms. But, I've yet to see a F1 or bigger type tornado on the ground.
                This^^^^^

I got on the PA system and issued a Tornado Warning, when questioned about having the authority I pointed up at the 30' tall trees, trash cans, and other debris circling 300-500 yards above the dealership.

Comment

Working...
                X