No announcement yet.

Couple lease rules being questioned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah l agree it's nice to have the kiddos killing deer. And if my brother wanted to go I'd like to take him. But in the end if you sign on a lease that has a restricted or no guest rule then that's on you.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Yeah l agree it's nice to have the kiddos killing deer. And if my brother wanted to go I'd like to take him. But in the end if you sign on a lease that has a restricted or no guest rule then that's on you.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
      I would agree with this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
        Here's a different angle. I would have a family rule. The family member can only hunt in the same blind as the member.

This. I don’t care who you bring really so long as this rule is followed. Your tags, your decision on who shoots them. But guest must be accompanied by paying member in the same blind.

And I would be glad to talk more about your open spots. I would even be willing to pay for a whole spot!!

Comment

[quote=ByronB;13302569]
          Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Agreed 100%....as long as they do not exceed the individual member's ranch allotment, they can hunt every day with them at our place. We are family oriented and encourage fathers/mothers to share their lease with their kids and wives/husbands. The way we look at it, the member has 1 trophy, one mgmt/cull deer (if there are some) and usually two does. Who kills it as long as it is an approved deer and the member approves of the use of his allotment, doesn't matter. With the way some of our member's kids work their tails off for their parents, they deserve a deer or two. And our guys are very good about sharing with their kids. We have had two fathers let their kids shoot their trophy the last few years with bows and that was bad***!

[ATTACH]903867[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]903868[/ATTACH]

Agree with this 100%. Never understood the whole “only 18 and under” criteria. My son is 21 and may bow hunt with me twice per year. He is a student at Texas A&M. I am fortunate that I hunt on a ranch where they want you to bring your kids to hunt in the blind with the Parent. Why would it matter if a kid was 18, or 19, or 20, or 21. That just makes no common sense whatsoever but to each thier own. I get to spend time with my son and sometimes my Dad in a blind on a few occasions per year. I appreciate that bow hunting time with them even if we just watch and don’t shoot.

Never been on a place where there was split memberships either.
          agree on the 18 and under rule. My daughter is going to college, lives at home, and is 20. If I am paying for a lease, it is going to be a place where I can take her a time or two.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
            sounds like you got your answer from all of the above - direct family on our lease is direct family - dad mom brother sister wife kids grandkids

NEVER allow split memberships - if you want to play you gotta pay - that only leads to problems -

Having manged a lease for 11 years I learned that if you present a member the rules and they start asking for exceptions you will regret ever having that member on your lease - it only leads to problems

and I agree with others - if he pushes it kindly invite him to find another lease
            Yep! The problem isn't an interpretation of the rules, it is that they are trying to bend every rule to their favor, to gain every advantage possible, to suck whatever they can out of the lease. Not the kind of people I would want to hunt with.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
              I agree with this with a few exceptions. IMO only paid hunters should be allowed during actual deer season, or at least opening day through Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving, total guests numbers should be limited (even family) and approved by lease manager prior to trip. Our camp would be a madhouse if each of our 13 lease members brought their entire family all at the same time.

No way in hell for us....never. We'd lose some great members if I put this restriction on our place and I wouldn't blame them. But then again we are pretty much bow only so its quieter when deer get killed, I enjoy the kids hunting and I love a full camp on Sat night.....

Comment

One reason we are wanting to be so tight on the guest policy is we don't quite have the deer numbers we are really wanting. On 3k acres there were 3 bucks and 4 doe shot last year and not from the lack of trying. I'm assuming all these places that allow guest and shoot all these bucks is not like this. Probably places in west Texas that when the feeders go off the deer show up, that's not how it is in southeast Oklahoma. I do hope everyone on the lease brings their kids that live with them and they shoot the several 160's or bigger we have on cam. On the other hand if a grown man wants to shoot a trophy buck they need to pay dues and be at the work weekends. This is just my opinion and several others on the lease.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

The point is there are deer leases of all kinds. Trophy leases for paying members only or family leases where everybody and their dog can come. The question you have to ask yourself is what kind of operation are you going to run? Whatever route you go with, both will have a set of rules that need to be followed. Allowing a single member to tweak said rules for their own personal reasons will do nothing but cause trouble. Established and agreed upon rules drawn up by the membership, or the majority, should serve as the law of the land. Anyone wanting to change the rules without the consensus of the majority should go and find another lease that will cater to their own personal wants and wishes.
                  Last edited by Darton; 04-09-2018, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Rules are there for a reason.....stick to them.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                      One reason we are wanting to be so tight on the guest policy is we don't quite have the deer numbers we are really wanting. On 3k acres there were 3 bucks and 4 doe shot last year and not from the lack of trying. I'm assuming all these places that allow guest and shoot all these bucks is not like this. Probably places in west Texas that when the feeders go off the deer show up, that's not how it is in southeast Oklahoma. I do hope everyone on the lease brings their kids that live with them and they shoot the several 160's or bigger we have on cam. On the other hand if a grown man wants to shoot a trophy buck they need to pay dues and be at the work weekends. This is just my opinion and several others on the lease.

Again, another reason to tell that guy to pound sand and I’ll happily send you money today for his place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Family to me would be grandparents, parents, siblings, wife,kids. I know that sounds like a lot but it wouldn't be a lot for me seeing how out of all those I may take one guest a year.. problem is someone may try to take advantage of "they are all family". as far as splitting a membership, no way..

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post

I don't guess I see why it would be a big deal if a grown man shoots a trophy buck as long as it comes off the members tag and they are sitting together while they hunt.. if I were to take my dad to my lease and a giant was to walk out I'd let him shoot it because I (hopefully) will have many years longer to get a trophy than he has left.. our guest rules are a lot more "giving" I guess you could say.. I do wish they were a little tighter at times but I knew they were like that when I got on so I have no problem with it..

Comment

You need to thank him.
                            He just showed you what your life will be like for as long as hes on the lease before you had to live it.

Comment

On another note, 75% of our hunting is single hang on stands, 20% climbing tree stands and 10% ground blinds. Other than the groundblinds that my dad has put there are no stands to hold two people. They are not going to hunt together that is not what he is wanting. They will put these "guest" in one of our club stands.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                                Sounds like he needs to find another lease. It starts with just those rules...bend a little and it will be a lot more rules broken in the future.
                                ^^^ This

Comment

Working...
                                X