X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
    I was just giving dan a hard time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries here. I just wanted to make sure to let the op know that I’d be following the rules! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The only opinions that really matter are that of the current lease members...but since you asked...I've always preferred a lax guest policy that encourages family members to spend time outdoors together, whether it's father / daughter, siblings, spouse, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
        Sounds like he needs to find another lease. It starts with just those rules...bend a little and it will be a lot more rules broken in the future.
        Yep. Im not specifically for or against it either way, but I have found people that start questioning and nitpicking rules become a pain in the rear. Who needs a pain in the rear at the lease? Maybe a longer term member wants to talk about things, ok, we can talk. New guy questioning? Hmmmm

Comment

Our membership covers 1 trophy buck and however many culls need to be shot that year. If you want your friend or family member to shoot that trophy buck then that's fine. Friends and family of the member can shoot a cull if all of the other members are ok with it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
            Cut him loose, it will save you a world of headache later.
            Agreed....been on a lease that was great and turned into a nightmare due to a member pulling this same type of BS plus more! Get rid of him and fill it with someone who can live by the rules.

SOOOOOOO thankful there are just a few on our lease, all of us are friends/family and NONE of us are afraid to challenge if abuse of lease rules come up.

Comment

sounds like you got your answer from all of the above - direct family on our lease is direct family - dad mom brother sister wife kids grandkids

NEVER allow split memberships - if you want to play you gotta pay - that only leads to problems -

Having manged a lease for 11 years I learned that if you present a member the rules and they start asking for exceptions you will regret ever having that member on your lease - it only leads to problems

and I agree with others - if he pushes it kindly invite him to find another lease

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

Yep

Immediate family is your wife and kids and I wouldn’t let anyone split
                This^^^^^^^but if his dad is a good camp cook and is physically fit enough to do work then he would be more than welcome.

Comment

I wouldn't

Comment

Saying yes to that opens so many more doors. To start with, 2 more bodies around camp. Then what happens when they want to bring a guest. What happens opening morning when they’re in different stands and both see the biggest buck they’ve ever seen?

Comment

OP, maybe I missed it but if you don't have written rules, you Need to...

Also very important to have Someone in charge with the final say on Everything.
                      We have 3 on our lease, The Committee, who have the Final word.
                      On our ranch NO guest may hunt at any time. Period.....
                      We work too hard managing these Dang things to have someone come in and make a MISTAKE..
                      Immediate family, Wife/Girlfriend, Children, As long as they are in school,
                      hunt off the paying hunters tags. Children under sixteen MUST be accompanied by a paying hunter, Not necessarily the parent.
                      These aren't the only rules but they do work well....

Don't start bending your rules or it will be out of hand and you will have some angry hunters...

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                        I really have no problem with bringing your kids any age, I know how hard it is for a young man in his 20's to afford to hunt. But bringing your mom dad, brothers or sisters I don't feel is right. And to create a split membership to circumvent the guest rule I don't like it either.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                        Sound like you answered your own question.

Comment

Don't split memberships IMO. Been on a lease that did that and it was always the "1/2 guys" that were the problem.

Comment

Rule# 1- ok as long as parents, uncles don’t camp out all season long. Have to be accompanied and shoot off the original quota allowed

Rule 2- If we can split two ways why not 3 ways or 4 ways

Comment

Had split hunter 1 time. The father would not follow ruled.
                              It was an easy out for me. I took stands and feeders to gate on the Monday after season ended.
                              Had a guy question my rules the first time I met him. Thanked him for his time.
                              My land my rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                                The only opinions that really matter are that of the current lease members...but since you asked...I've always preferred a lax guest policy that encourages family members to spend time outdoors together, whether it's father / daughter, siblings, spouse, ect.
                                I agree with this with a few exceptions. IMO only paid hunters should be allowed during actual deer season, or at least opening day through Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving, total guests numbers should be limited (even family) and approved by lease manager prior to trip. Our camp would be a madhouse if each of our 13 lease members brought their entire family all at the same time.
                                Last edited by RascalArms; 04-08-2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X