No announcement yet.

Acid reflux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ac I have had acid reflux at night also. Mine was from alcohol, once I stopped drinking it went away. I actually do not recommend medicine ever! Pull the root don't keep spraying round up!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      In my own experience, it seems eating late, and / or eating too much food has caused these episodes with me. I'm sitting up in a recliner right now. ive never had a kidney stone, and dang sure don't want one. I guess I will avoid the meds that cause that as a side effect.
      First part is Correct for Me...And also let me refine Tomatoeee stuff /Mex food/SmokeyBBQ /Italian...all the good stuff ,get me esp if eaten late..It does not bother me unless eaten late....
      Forgot GREASY
      When I had Knee replaced a few weeks ago..they gave me (omeprazole 20mg )(sound italian) for acid reflx.(not saying its good or bad just what they gave me)..I said if you dont feed above foods I dont need....They laughed and said some of the other pills were giveing me would cause it and this was to reduce that..

And by the way New R Knee been Great ..Surg went well march 15 ..pain not bad..and gettin around without walker or cane for about couple weeks now..
      Looking forward to doing Left in a few weeks
      Last edited by cva34; 04-08-2018, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
        mustard will kill it

apple cider vinegar as well

my wife struggles with it every day.. shes tried everything and nothing works for her.. shes given up and says shes just destined to die from esophageal cancer.. its horrible to watch her go through it
        Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        Man that sucks. I've heard you can have surgery to fix it. Glad I don't have it.
        There are indeed surgeries for bad cases of GERD. Much better than death by esophageal cancer...

Comment

Spicy food late at night triggers mine. I'll eat a hand full of raw almonds about 30 minutes before bed and that works for me. My brother in law who fights that at night told me he read about almonds and decided to give it a try and has been doing that since. Good luck

Comment

Alcohol, fatty foods, acidic foods, and cooked tomatoes are the big diet-related contributors.

Bed risers for the head of your bed can work wonders.

Comment

100 year old remedy-
              8oz of room temp water and a tablespoon of baking soda.
              Stir it and sip it.

Comment

I’ve been fighting it for years. I take a Zantac 150 before bed.

I lost 25# a few years ago and it went totally away. I also changed my eating habits to where I wasn’t stuffing my gut full so between those two changes it all but went away.

I’ve since found most of those 25# again and have slipped back into bad eating habits so I’m back on the medication. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

No fun man. I used to get it bad until I lost about 50#. It went away with the LBs. it’s reason enough for me to keep the weight off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kbar View Post
                    100 year old remedy-
                    8oz of room temp water and a tablespoon of baking soda.
                    Stir it and sip it.
                    This, but I do heaping teaspoon and 4 oz water.

Comment

For a lot of you guys that have had the acid reflux for awhile you need to go get checked out by a gastroenterologist. They will send you down for a EDG to check your throat for Barrett esophagus that is a pre cancer stage that you need to get checked. This will kill you if not taken seriously, it's very easy and pain free just go get it done. Acid reflux is nothing to play with and forget about the tums that's a joke. Most of you will learn you have a hernia as well.

Comment

Cinnamon Apple sauce and bananas during the day and raisins in the evening have took care of mine naturally. Raisins are the best at lowering acidity when chewed up really well.

Comment

Generic omeprazole 20mg twice a day is what my gastroligist recommend and a throat scope every couple years

Bbq , and Italian food is not my friend at dinner time/ after 7pm
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 04-08-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I had it a couple of times over the last year, just as you described it. It's been while since it has happened to me, but I was able to link it to what I had eaten about an hour before bed. What ever I ate, I think I had too much. BOL

Comment

Mine is not from drinking alcohol. I do not take any medications at the moment. I'm going to try and watch what I eat, and not eat too late. Hopefully this will help. Too many episodes like last night, and I won't have an esophagus left. It burned even more than usual. I was looking for some milk, but we were out

Comment

Acid reflux?

Copenhagen snuff was my best friend for years...especially in college. I had God awful acid reflux daily though. I pulled the plug daily on use of snuff...and bam...gone!

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                                X