No announcement yet.

3 months salary ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told this by multiple folks. I heard it, and then asked a couple more people, and then was looking at some stuff with her online to get an idea of what she liked/wanted. She deserves it. Puts up with me, and I dont take an issue with any of her $$ choices. She makes triple what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      It's not that we couldn't afford it but didn't really matter. Thankful my wife is simple and not materialistic! Been married 9 yrs.
      This^....been married 20 years and spent maybe $300 on my wifes engagement ring. I have upgraded it since then once

Comment

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
        Maybe 3 WEEKS salary.....and after taxes!
        Lol now we are talking. 3 months salary would pay the rest of our debt off, no way on a ring.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          I was told this by multiple folks. I heard it, and then asked a couple more people, and then was looking at some stuff with her online to get an idea of what she liked/wanted. She deserves it. Puts up with me, and I dont take an issue with any of her $$ choices. She makes triple what I do.
          Then you better hope shes thinking your 3 months salary and not hers lol. Get a loan from her for it. And that must of been her side of the family you asked. Might wanna ask yours now lol

Comment

It’s all DeBeer’s fault. They practically invented the diamond engagement ring in the 1930s.

How an advertising campaign tried to dictate how much money an engagement ring should cost.

Comment

Here’s an idea, spend what you can afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                If she makes 3x what you make and letting you marry her...... you might as well get the 3 month salary ring.

Comment

Diamonds are overrated. I don't even wear mine. I wear a $20 Qalo ring... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    Here’s an idea, spend what you can afford.
                    I got a truck payment, and that's all the debt I have. That's even paid off next June. I make a decent/good living.

I just have a hard time coming to grips with that amount of cash leaving me for a ring.

Comment

Rule made by the guys that sell wedding rings, if its the ring that makes the marriage you are off to a bad start.

Comment

No reason to spend more than your comfortable. I firmly believe this is an advertising plug from the jewelers looking to make people spend more. No where else in the world do people do this. And it shouldnt be why your wife wants to marry you.

Comment

Originally posted by clayree View Post
                          That was a saying created & promoted by the female jewelers.
                          Fixed it!

3 months salary is crazy ... even if you have that much saved and are willing to spend it.

Comment

go watch one of the documentaries with your girl friend on the diamond trade in africa (aka "blood diamonds), and you won't have to pay a week's salary for a ring. My wife and I have rather plain gold bands, and as far as I know, we're legally bound to each other.

I've never understood why people let zales or debeers tell them what the right thing to do before they get married. Not to mention... diamonds aren't exactly rare. Pretty funny that we have thousands of jewelry shops all over the country with thousands of diamonds in each shop. Pretty common for such a "rare" item.
                            Last edited by kyle1974; 04-02-2018, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Pure Stupidity to spend that kind of money

Comment

Buy something she likes that you can afford. If that doesn't work then it won't work!

Comment

Working...
                                X