Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

which dually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup. The Cummins will not win a drag race against a Duramax or Powerstroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

as always I took the road less traveled and went with the goat

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
        Enjoy your new truck

Comment

After getting burned on the 6.0 and 6.4 Ford wasn’t getting my business again. Made the switch to a Cummins and haven’t look back. Got a 2015 3500 SRW 4x4 with the Aisin transmission and love it so far. The ride definitely lacks coming from a Ford but I’ll take that if I can drive it 200K+!!

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
            After getting burned on the 6.0 and 6.4 Ford wasn’t getting my business again. Made the switch to a Cummins and haven’t look back. Got a 2015 3500 SRW 4x4 with the Aisin transmission and love it so far. The ride definitely lacks coming from a Ford but I’ll take that if I can drive it 200K+!!
            I wasn't impressed with the 6.0 either.
            I know of several folks who have had issues with Dodge transmissions...I went through 2, but some of that may have been my fault.
            Any of the diesels will go 200k.

Comment

If you are going to use that Dually to tow get a Ram.
              I have two Ram 3500 duallies with the Cummins/Aisin combo and they are beasts.

I have never seen a Chevy/GMC dually being use as a work truck.

There are a few Ford F350 duallies I see people towing with. Mostly horse people.

I have never seen a hotshot driver running anything but Rams.

I would not own any of the Diesel one ton trucks after the warranty expires. Too much high dollar stuff that can go wrong.

With all that being said, my 1997 F350 with 410,000 miles on it is going to get a 5.9 Cummins and a Road Ranger whenever I get around to it.

Comment

Did you get the HO engine with the Aisin transmission?

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post

There are a few Ford F350 duallies I see people towing with. Mostly horse people.

I would not own any of the Diesel one ton trucks after the warranty expires. Too much high dollar stuff that can go wrong.

With all that being said, my 1997 F350 with 410,000 miles on it is going to get a 5.9 Cummins and a Road Ranger whenever I get around to it.

Run it to 100k miles and delete it and it will last a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Did you get the HO engine with the Aisin transmission?

I did not go with aisin. I run empty or pull under 15k pounds most of the time so I went with the 68re

Comment

No pics??

Comment

Originally posted by perryr View Post
                        No pics??
                        I have not taken any,lol I will tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post

Lmao

Comment

What was your beef with the 6.4?

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                              What was your beef with the 6.4?
                              nothing. it was a great truck. I really missed not having an 8ft bed and I don't like how the 8ft SRW looks. also I was tired of the few times a year I have a load I need to haul that was just a bit large for a 3/4 ton.

Comment

I don’t know what some of you guys are talking about!? I got a 2015 duramax dually and she’ll run empty or towing a 40’ 16k lb fifthwheel at 85mph like it’s nothing! I had a 12 f-350 srw and I liked the truck but just couldn’t handle the trailer load and started overheating at 120k miles. So I opted for the Duramax and have loved it ever since and even more since I deleted it.

Comment

Working...
                                X