Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
    Well step 2 done
    I had to get a complete physical done yesterday. Next week I have to go to a cardiologist for a stress test that's gonna suck with 2 bad knees. Man when you get over 55 they act like your old or something.
    Hope it all works out for you.

Comment

Knee Replacement

Well yesterday they made me attempt to do a stress test.
      So they wanted me to run on a treadmill . I told the nurse you do realize that I'm having knee replacement surgery and did you notice I'm limping when You walked me back here?
      Anyway I ended up riding a bicycle to take the test.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Same thing happened to me after my first acl repair. He went back in two years later to clean up my knee and the cap had all kinds of scar tissue behind it. Cleaned it all up and that was that.
        I wonder if that is what I have currently. I had my knee scoped in Nov 2016 and recently starting having problems with it again. Got an MRI next week and mostly likely with be having it scoped again according to the DR

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
          Go ahead and buy one of these:

Ossur Cold Rush Compact with Knee pad is convenient, quiet and easy-to-use, delivering cold therapy when and where you need it.

Get about 6 water bottles and freeze them. Put a few in the unit & fill with water & kick it on. If you just dump ice in the bucket it melts pretty quickly.

It's very quiet and will freeze up your knee in a matter of minutes. I used it after having rotator cuff surgery in October. It may seem a little pricey but after you use it and see how well it works you would pay double for it.

Those units are very helpful, but be careful to use them as directed. A lot of people will apply them and run them almost continually. This not only slows tissue recovery (healing), but could also cause skin injuries as well. Also, as others have indicated, find a good Physical Therapist (PT) as they are critical to your recovery process.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

Do everything the Dr.'s and therapist tell you to do. I was playing golf after four weeks.

Comment

Just had it done and can't wait to do other Knee in few weeks date not in stone yet(Doc said about 6w apart...

Do what Doc and PT says...I cant speak for Hip ;but I had Right Total Knee Replaced 3w ago Today..at MH ortho /spine...59 and 610..By Dr Parsley..

I was Scared to say least; but them people there are pros and very comforting..I was home on a walker in less than 30h from start to finish...Pain has been way less than expected...I still goin to PT but was on walker 5days then cane 5d and nothing about 1 1/2w get around fine just a little slow up and down stairs..

Prayers and speedy recovery will be rooting for ya!!!

Actual surgery was 1.5 hours

Right knee done March 15

One thing Doc told me was a month before surgery was Exersize that leg and build up so after surgery and PT start your muscles don't have to start unprepared for exersize...He said it will help pain and speed recovery
              Last edited by cva34; 04-06-2018, 07:22 AM.

Comment

I will admit I'm pretty nervous about this. And I probably would not have it done if it were not for the fact that most of my ligaments are trashed along with the joint.

Comment

Well for several years now I have been suffering from knee pain. After multiple surgeries, years of injections, and taking daily anti inflammatory and pain drugs I am finally going to have a total knee replacement next month, then the other knee done in Dec.
                  So my Questions are
                  Who has had it done?
                  How long until you returned to work? I don't have a desk job
                  What should I expect on total recovery?
                  Thanks
                  My mom had both done same time, full recovery was three months, she was walking immediately. Her response is rehab hurt worse then surgery.

Comment

Well tomorrow morning is the big day. I will let you guys know how it went in a day or two

Comment

Well tomorrow morning is the big day. I will let you guys know how it went in a day or two
                      Good luck, there is a total knee replacement group on Facebook that might help you with this and such afterwards!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope the best for you. May you have HOT nurses! Get well soon.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Well step 2 done
                            I had to get a complete physical done yesterday. Next week I have to go to a cardiologist for a stress test that's gonna suck with 2 bad knees. Man when you get over 55 they act like your old or something.
                            Try 70 I would say I feel your pain, but actually it's mine I think I'm feeling !

Comment

Well the surgery went well. I have already had 2 physical therapy sessions today and have been walking with a walker. It does hurt like a _____ _____ fill in the blank.
                              Thank you for the well wishes and prayers.
                              David

Comment

Get well David. Glad things are looking up.

Comment

Working...
                                X