This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
    running to defend those who bash Christ is not heroic. it is pathetic. i mean you guys would fight anyone that kicks your stinkin' dog, but the disrespect of Christ raises no ire. interesting. insults to Him fall on me. i guess im alone in that. carry on gents.
    Settle down there turbo, everyone is just having a civil discussion. This isn’t the crusades amigo.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
      I haven't read much of the thread, just skimmed thru and I sure hope he was able to get right with God before passing. But I do agree with monsterspike in his quoted quote. Not sure about the Christian's judging Mr Hawking's, but speaking the truth isnt actually being judgemental is it? If he wasn't saved, he will not be in heaven.

With that said, I also don't understand how a thread about his passing has turned in to a religion argument.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
      The people that need preached to don't care. And the ones that do know don't need to hear it. And I'm almost 100% positive that Jesus Christ doesn't need anyone here defending him. Unless I'm mistaken....wasn't Jesus beatin and nailed to a cross? And then he came back from the dead right? That sounds like a pretty hardcore guy to me. I'm pretty sure Stephen Hawking never said anything that hurt his feelings. I just have a sneaking suspicion.

If I were him I'd be more worried about the people that are spreading the word about him. Someone assumed earlier he could urinate on Hillary Clinton's grave and God wouldn't even care....In my personal opinion...God needs better spokesman.
      Last edited by okrattler; 03-15-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by locolonghorn View Post
        For those who don't think he contributed much, I'm pretty certain you wouldn't understand what he contributed, even if you read it. He helped those in the scientific community better understand how the universe works. And I'm pretty sure no one on this forum, nor 99.9% of the rest of the world can fathom the level of physics/math he worked with.
        This is a vague statement with no answer to the question. Understanding a black hole or dark matter might be interesting but serves no purpose to humanity.
        What if great minds like that committed themselves to solving disease and other human issues?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Monsterspike, I believe your heart is in the right place. I too would be offended is someone was "bashing Christ." I haven't seen that. Ease up there a little bit. No one is attacking anyone.

Comment

Thanks for saying what I was thinking in a better way than I could think of to say it, Curt. Everything I kept thinking of to say, I had to delete.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              This is a vague statement with no answer to the question. Understanding a black hole or dark matter might be interesting but serves no purpose to humanity.
              What if great minds like that committed themselves to solving disease and other human issues?

People are wired differently. I would imagine he lived his life the way he wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                I read somewhere that Hawking formulated some of his ideas on information retrieval from event horizons utilizing models based on the steady, parallel oscillation (or periodic motion to and fro) of an unstable ring around an object utilizing torque to generate centripetal force.

Obviously, this requires an extended examination to quantify its efficacy.

Obviously.
                That never gets old. Never. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  The people that need preached to don't care. And the ones that do know don't need to hear it. And I'm almost 100% positive that Jesus Christ doesn't need anyone here defending him. Unless I'm mistaken....wasn't Jesus beatin and nailed to a cross? And then he came back from the dead right? That sounds like a pretty hardcore guy to me. I'm pretty sure Stephen Hawking never said anything that hurt his feelings. I just have a sneaking suspicion.

If I were him I'd be more worried about the people that are spreading the word about him. Someone assumed earlier he could urinate on Hillary Clinton's grave and God wouldn't even care....In my personal opinion...God needs better spokesman.
                  The people that need preached to don't care???
                  Our job as Christian's is to preach the word. It's not my job to care if those who "need" it care.
                  The ones who know don't need to hear it???
                  So once and done is good enough now I guess. I've heard it, I'm good. No need to hear anymore about it. New to me.
                  Now I can't say if Mr Hawking's ever said anything to hurt Jesus' feelings, but I would think every non believer that dies has to hurt Christ. After all, he was beaten and nailed to a cross so we wouldn't have to spend an eternity in hell.

As far as someone whizzing on anyone's grave, or speaking ill towards ANYONE, I agree with you. No one benefits and it is unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    That never gets old. Never. Ever.
                    Monsterspike will be joyfully condemning her to hell and Johnny44 will pee on her fresh-dug grave. I'll just enjoy her amazing talents, thank you.

Comment

running to defend those who bash Christ is not heroic. it is pathetic. i mean you guys would fight anyone that kicks your stinkin' dog, but the disrespect of Christ raises no ire. interesting. insults to Him fall on me. i guess im alone in that. carry on gents.
                      As a flaming sword of God, I find you surprisingly dim and blunt.

I challenge you do find all the Entendres in that statement.

I mean all of them.
                      Last edited by Encinal; 03-15-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Just because it doesn't serve a purpose to you, doesn't mean it does not serve a purpose to someone else.

Billy Graham was brought up earlier. You could say the exact same thing for him. What purpose did he serve to benefit humanity?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          Thanks for saying what I was thinking in a better way than I could think of to say it, Curt. Everything I kept thinking of to say, I had to delete.
                          you too shane? i mean "insults to him fall onto me" is actual scripture. lol of course HE can handle himself. he is coming back as the lion of judea and he is going to stomp the ever living guts out of evil. the blood is going to be horse bridle high.

curt was halfcocked with his entire accusation. Christians dont need nurturing. they are already in the blood. im not the lukewarm type. im living by ezk 33 in blowing the horn because i see the sword coming.

just blow the horn. thats all. curt thinks i need shofar lessons because i dont tickle his ears in the way i blow that horn. now, my choices here are please shane and curt or obey GOD!

ill think it over but im guessing yalls clanny popular opinion will get kicked to the curb in what matters most to me. tough decision for sure. this could cost me tbh man of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                            The people that need preached to don't care???
                            Our job as Christian's is to preach the word. It's not my job to care if those who "need" it care.
                            The ones who know don't need to hear it???
                            So once and done is good enough now I guess. I've heard it, I'm good. No need to hear anymore about it. New to me.
                            Now I can't say if Mr Hawking's ever said anything to hurt Jesus' feelings, but I would think every non believer that dies has to hurt Christ. After all, he was beaten and nailed to a cross so we wouldn't have to spend an eternity in hell.

As far as someone whizzing on anyone's grave, or speaking ill towards ANYONE, I agree with you. No one benefits and it is unnecessary.

I know several people that don't believe in God. And no....They don't care. No matter what you're not changing their mind. I worked for a guy that is an Athiest. He'd talk trash on God to your face. You know why he hates religion? Because of people exactly like the guys on this thread that have thrown in their two cents on Stephen Hawking. It's embarrassing really. People that take up for God aren't wrong in doing it. You just have to be careful with how you go about it.

Comment

you too shane? i mean "insults to him fall onto me" is actual scripture. lol of course HE can handle himself. he is coming back as the lion of judea and he is going to stomp the ever living guts out of evil. the blood is going to be horse bridle high.

curt was halfcocked with his entire accusation. Christians dont need nurturing. they are already in the blood. im not the lukewarm type. im living by ezk 33 in blowing the horn because i see the sword coming.

just blow the horn. thats all. curt thinks i need shofar lessons because i dont tickle his ears in the way i blow that horn. now, my choices here are please shane and curt or obey GOD!

ill think it over but im guessing yalls clanny popular opinion will get kicked to the curb in what matters most to me. tough decision for sure. this could cost me tbh man of the year.
                              Ok geeze we get it, you "Jesus" harder than the rest of the folks around here. You have successfully hijacked a thread about the passing of a world renowned scientist. You win, can you go away now?

Comment

He passed away on the birthday of Albert Einstein .

Comment

Working...
                                X