This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    So, it sounds like you don't like being called out and criticized in a very direct, tell-it-like-it is manner. It makes you feel attacked, and rather than listening to the criticism and considering the possibility that there could be some truths in it that might benefit you to pay attention to, you react by rejecting the criticism all together as well as the person who voiced it. That's understandable.

It's pretty much the same reaction folks (especially non-Christians) have when a person professing to be a Christian dances on the grave of a deceased non-believer. There's a humongous difference between sharing the Gospel in love and nailing it to a non-believer's forehead out of spite. Both methods involve imparting truth. One method actually fulfills it, and the other renders the truth irrelevant to the other party. Jesus definitely advocated speaking and sharing the truth, but he never advocated doing it in a manner that was basically an attack on another person.

I've certainly done it both ways in my time as well, brother. I regret the times I've done it wrong. I try to do it right more often. I never get it right all the time either. Just keep trying.
    If every Christian was more like you, You'd have an easier time winning new converts over, and lose less kids to attrition.... which would make it harder for every Christian to be like you...

My head just exploded, but that was an attempt at a compliment...

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      I’m not really sure that this applies but it is verses 28-30 from Mark 6

brought his head on a platter, and gave it to the girl. Then the girl gave it to her mother. When his disciples heard about it, they came and removed his corpse and placed it in a tomb.
      Feeding 5,000
      The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to Him all that they had done and taught.
      Mark3:28-30

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
        Thanks for your response. You got to my comment before I deleted it.

Why did you delete it? It's was, as you said a genuine question. Christians believe there are only two options. Heaven or Hell. We will all go to one or the other. The ONLY way to go to Heaven is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

Comment

Once this hit page 2 I knew what direction it took without even looking.

Comment

Here's the really sad part..

This man was well respected for his knowledge and he reached millions when he spoke.. He has spoke against The Bible and Christianity numerous times, mocking both, and yet was deemed a genius by his peers, the media and society..

But had he been a believer in the Holy Bible and had he spoke publicly about his beliefs, even though he was the SAME EXACT genius(mind), those same people/groups would have labeled him a religious radical.. and he would have gotten little to no respect from those groups..

That is where we are at in today's America.. But hey thats Biblical too.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
              Once this hit page 2 I knew what direction it took without even looking.

Regrettably, I contributed to that. Steven Hawking was an amazing physicist and will be remembered well for contributions to his field. That and being a long survivor of a terrible disease. THAT should have been enough. My apologies for calling out those that commented otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Wow! I saw this thread had gone to several pages so I clicked on the last post button... read backwards a few posts... Looks like I've been missing a good 'un! I'm gonna go back to post 1 and read n catch up... back at cha in a bit!
                I am waiting your prayer on this one sir.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  This is a vague statement with no answer to the question. Understanding a black hole or dark matter might be interesting but serves no purpose to humanity.
                  What if great minds like that committed themselves to solving disease and other human issues?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                  Man what and ignorant post. People like him and Einstein are responsible for so much of the world around you, it's ridiculous. Your whole day, from the time you get up, until you go to bed, you run smack into Einstein, in almost everything you do. Modern medicines, to the machines used in the medical field, yeah, that's Einstein too.
                  And no one understands a black hole, if we did, it would change all of humanity
                  Put me in the Hawkin, Einstein category please. I'm all about understanding this incredible world from a realistic standpoint, and not believing in magic ethers and the stories.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                    I agree in being careful about how it's done 100%. I'm not on board with keeping silent about him because those who need it don't care. I'm sure glad everyone around me didn't have that attitude when I was lost. Someone spoke up, and led me to make the most important decision of my life.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                    I agree. I don't exactly mean don't spread the word about God or whoever you believe in. It's your right to do that. But there's a time and place for it. I also think that some people who aren't Christians should hear it. Whether it sinks in or not is another thing. Sometimes folks just have to go through life and come to find out what they believe on their own as well. Sometimes they could be on their death bed before that happens.

But again it's all about how and where a person goes about it. Some instances are off putting. I'll admit I'm not a perfect example of a Christian by any means. I wouldn't even say I'm a good example to be honest. But I understand where people are coming from or at least try to for the most part. Regardless of his beliefs or where he is now he was still a human being. I don't know why he felt that God didn't exist. Maybe none of us really do. Maybe he was a miserable person on the inside so I'm not going to judge him. I've been guilty of it as I'm sure we all are. I've been quick to judge folks at times but I shouldn't be. It's not my place.

There's good in everyone for the most part. That's where I have trouble with the whole non-believer type rants. Like I mentioned before I know people that don't believe in God. For example a good friend of mine. He wouldn't judge anyone here and he'd give you the shirt off his back if he had to. He'd make a heck of a Christian....better than some that are. So I'm not so quick to judge anyone because you might just be surprised who's in Heaven when you show up. And who ain't there.
                    Last edited by okrattler; 03-15-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                      If every Christian was more like you, You'd have an easier time winning new converts over, and lose less kids to attrition.... which would make it harder for every Christian to be like you...

My head just exploded, but that was an attempt at a compliment...
                      1. My head just exploded too, I think.
                      2. Thank you for the kind words. I do appreciate it. But I'm pretty sure that if more Christians were more like me, it'd be a net negative.
                      3. I'm certain that if more Christians were more like Jesus.......THEN we'd be moving in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                        Man what and ignorant post. People like him and Einstein are responsible for so much of the world around you, it's ridiculous. Your whole day, from the time you get up, until you go to bed, you run smack into Einstein, in almost everything you do. Modern medicines, to the machines used in the medical field, yeah, that's Einstein too.
                        And no one understands a black hole, if we did, it would change all of humanity
                        Put me in the Hawkin, Einstein category please. I'm all about understanding this incredible world from a realistic standpoint, and not believing in magic ethers and the stories.
                        Good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          1. My head just exploded too, I think.
                          2. Thank you for the kind words. I do appreciate it. But I'm pretty sure that if more Christians were more like me, it'd be a net negative.
                          3. I'm certain that if more Christians were more like Jesus.......THEN we'd be moving in the right direction.
                          Bah, Humblebug!

Comment

Well I read through it... and it hurt. It hurt my heart for multiple reasons. The biggest hurt is that apparently a man that God created in His image has died not knowing God. That grieves the Spirit of God as it is His desire that none should perish. I say "apparently" because I personally did not know Mr. Hawking well, in fact hardly at all, and I cannot know his heart, but what I did know of him and what I have read about him both here and elsewhere is that there is no evidence that he knew Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. I am very sorry for that. Praying for him does no good now. As the Bible I study which I believe to be the inerrant Word of God tells me that once a man passes from this life into the next, there is no chance to know God and those who have not accepted His Son Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior will be eternally separated from God.

Another reason I am sad after having read through this thread is the fact that the message of the Gospel is supposed to be delivered in a loving manner that lifts people up. The Gospel is spread like the parable of the sower. In the Parable, the sower randomly cast his seed. Some fell on good ground and some did not... Some of the "sowers" in this thread appear to be not casting seed so that it would land on good, fertile ground, but rather cast it so that is has little chance to grow, cast toward bad ground in a forceful way... It's not to say that God's Word was not spoken, but it sure doesn't seem to have been very well spoken. Those "sowers" are worthy of receiving prayer, prayer for a softening of the heart, and an increase for compassion for their neighbors. With the gift of compassion, more neighbors are likely to be turned into brothers rather than foes.

Finally, it grieves me to read that members of this Green Screen family have a hard heart already and what has been posted to this point has no "softener" to it. For those who would cause a neighbor to stumble by hardening hearts further, would be like the one referred to in the Bible as being better that a large mill stone be tied around their neck and tossed into the depths of the ocean rather than what awaits them on that Day.

I rejoice in the reading of some of the posts that demonstrate Christ's love and His saving Word. I know His Word does not go out and return to Him empty without accomplishing His purpose. We cannot always know what His purpose may be, other than whatever it is, it will be meant for good. Sure is hard to see good in many posts in this thread and that is saddening and makes me wish I'd not opened it in the first place.

I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              Good luck with that.

Realistically speaking, should a Christian believe in luck?

Comment

He's not and in the end that's all he has.

Comment

Working...
                                X