Covert solar panel + enloops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Most cameras will do this. TUrn the camera off middle of the day. I have mine off from 9-6 right now. Can be done under TImer.

Leave sensitivity on high so you don't miss smaller animals or animals not moving much. Just turn it off middle of day. No action anyways in this heat

DUring season when cooler, I run it all day
    Ok i got it set off from 11-5 on my blackhawk through the app but i went into my codeblack settings and they don’t offer the same settings.. my Blackhawk offers the “work hours” but my code black does not. Does anyone have this issue?

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        Ok i got it set off from 11-5 on my blackhawk through the app but i went into my codeblack settings and they don’t offer the same settings.. my Blackhawk offers the “work hours” but my code black does not. Does anyone have this issue?
        I tried to turn mine off during the day via app and website. It just keeps taking pics. Covert advised to try making the changes on the camera and upload the the settings. Not very convenient. It is a 2018 Code Black LTE.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
          I tried to turn mine off during the day via app and website. It just keeps taking pics. Covert advised to try making the changes on the camera and upload the the settings. Not very convenient. It is a 2018 Code Black LTE.
          I changed the settings fine on the black hawk took 24hrs to update but then went to do my code black an it doesn’t even have the option

Comment

Any of you guys had issues with animals chewing/ruining antennas?

I had a couple of the single antenna models get chewed up last year, and this is a brand new LTE model that has been out for less than a couple weeks.

I asked the lady at covert if I put a piece of PVC over the antennas if it would block the signal and she didn’t know.

Also, are these antennas salvageable?

It’s either aoudad, deer, goats, or raccoons doing the damage. I set all my cameras on the edges of my feed pens.

Comment

Originally posted by jheflinland View Post
              Any of you guys had issues with animals chewing/ruining antennas?

I had a couple of the single antenna models get chewed up last year, and this is a brand new LTE model that has been out for less than a couple weeks.

I asked the lady at covert if I put a piece of PVC over the antennas if it would block the signal and she didn’t know.

Also, are these antennas salvageable?

It’s either aoudad, deer, goats, or raccoons doing the damage. I set all my cameras on the edges of my feed pens.

Cows ate mine they aren’t salvageable... gotta move them inside the pen where nothing can reach them..

Comment

Maybe try cutting a smaller section of panel and mounting to and extending above the panel behind the camera to where Cattle can’t reach the antenna. Like a 3’ or 4’ square piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Last edited by Roscoe; 08-19-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Bought new Covert a few weeks back that would not work. Covert customer service was great. After several tries at trouble shooting over the phone they sent me a new unit. Only issue now is the new one works great but does not have the plug in spot for external power. This is on an AT&T code black. Anyone else had this issue? Will be calling tomorrow to have them send another replacement.

Comment

Does anyone have pictures of any designs to mount the camera to that keeps coons from pulling out the solar cords? We have some cameras in Northwest Oklahoma which is an 8 hour trip for us. Coons have already pulled the cord on a camera we just fixed and moved. I did look back through the thread but there are a bunch of pages to go through.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                      Does anyone have pictures of any designs to mount the camera to that keeps coons from pulling out the solar cords? We have some cameras in Northwest Oklahoma which is an 8 hour trip for us. Coons have already pulled the cord on a camera we just fixed and moved. I did look back through the thread but there are a bunch of pages to go through.

I was literally just coming on here to ask the same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                        I was literally just coming on here to ask the same thing!

🤦🏻*♂️

Comment

This is my setup. I’m going to cover the wire at the bottom with a piece of sheet metal on all of mineClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4496.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	24551737

Comment

I used a small thinner bungee cord to wrap around the camera top to bottom making sure the remote cord is held against the bottom of the camera... so they can’t yank on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                              🤦🏻*♂️

As you can see they turned the cam also [emoji379]

Comment

I have a spare 80w panel
                                Is that too much power for these cameras or will the camera adjust itself down?

Comment

Working...
                                X