Covert solar panel + enloops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
    I got my upgraded Verizon 4-G camera put out last weekend. The app shows battery 0% but at the bottom of the picture it shows a 10. It is showing 100% signal so I didn't mess with the putting up the booster antenna which would have been 10 feet up. The older 3-G shows 100% battery and 40% signal I am leaving it up till after hunting season since it is working fine. I upgraded an old feeder with a new control box, The timer, 12 volt motor and the Eliminator Plate. 3 days later I have these guys coming in.
    My app always shows mine at 100% and also has all sorts of misspellings lol

Comment

My cams sending me 100+ pics a day of blank pics between 11-4 several other guys i know are having the same issue any ideas? Only thing i can think is heat.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          My cams sending me 100+ pics a day of blank pics between 11-4 several other guys i know are having the same issue any ideas? Only thing i can think is heat.

Set your sensitivity to low....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Set your sensitivity to low....
            My protein feeders like 15 yards away and like i said it’s only between certain hrs

Comment

Covert solar panel + enloops

My protein feeders like 15 yards away and like i said it’s only between certain hrs

So then...enjoy all your extra pictures[emoji6]b...

If you don't want to listen to folks that have had the same problems and experiment and see what works best for you that is fine.... If you got it all figured out that is fine too.

My alfalfa feeder is 15-18 yards away front to back . Low sensitivity gets me a pic every interval it is supposed to and my false pics went down from 15-20 mid afternoon to 2-3.

Last edited by Smart; 08-08-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                So then...enjoy all your extra pictures[emoji6]b...

If you don't want to listen to folks that have had the same problems and experiment and see what works best for you that is fine.... If you got it all figured out that is fine too.

My alfalfa feeder is 15-18 yards away front to back . Low sensitivity gets me a pic every interval it is supposed to and my false pics went down from 15-20 mid afternoon to 2-3.

*** are you talking about? Never said i had it all figured out hence the question... i was scared low setting wouldn’t reach that far clearly it will... that’s all you had to say instead of that pass aggressive BS

Comment

*** are you talking about? Never said i had it all figured out hence the question... i was scared low setting wouldn’t reach that far clearly it will... that’s all you had to say instead of that pass aggressive BS

Lol. Smart seems aggravated sometimes

Comment

That's all you had to say......you stated it as if you knew what the case would be with changing them. I figured you had the sensitivity thing all figured out..

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                      Lol. Smart seems aggravated sometimes

I'm not aggravated at all.....

Comment

I ran Covert cameras for years until about 2 years ago when I bought 3 and all of them sent 100s of blank pictures during the heat of the day. Didn't matter what the sensitivity was set on either. I finally jumped ship and if I get a picture now it has something in it. You would think they would figure out they have a sensor problem by now. If other cameras can work in West Texas heat then they can too.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                          I ran Covert cameras for years until about 2 years ago when I bought 3 and all of them sent 100s of blank pictures during the heat of the day. Didn't matter what the sensitivity was set on either. I finally jumped ship and if I get a picture now it has something in it. You would think they would figure out they have a sensor problem by now. If other cameras can work in West Texas heat then they can too.
                          Jumped ship to what brand? Ours run good in etoile. The newest 4g cams are having network problems

Comment

Getting tons of pics on my spartan in the afternoon heat. Any one try a sun shade of some sort? I figured it would just give the spiders and wasps a new overhang to build and obscure the view.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                              Jumped ship to what brand? Ours run good in etoile. The newest 4g cams are having network problems
                              I'm running all HCO Spartan cameras now and I have not had 10 total blank pictures in the last 2 years. I had issue with one of them and sent it back to Spartan and they sent it back with a new SD card and said the card was corrupted somehow. It's been back in the field for months now with no problems. Seems like the Coverts I last had worked ok unless they were in direct sunlight then I would get hundreds of blanks per day. Spartans don't care where they are, they just work.

Comment

Clearly they just built a cam that can’t function properly in the heat 🤦🏻*♂️ this is on low sensitivity guess I’ll have to find a shaded place for it [emoji849]

Comment

Working...
                                X