What generation Texan are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
    Don't feel alone in that, my kinfolks where locked up in jails in Texas when it was still Mexico. I do have kin who fought for Texas on both sides of my family.
    Yea, what a great story or even book(s) there could be written of the ancestors of we green-screeners!! My grandpa could spin a yarn I'll tell ya... My dad used to tell me that's just stories PaPa is tellin' you, but the more I learned about him, the more I realize many of his stories were true or largely based on truth...

Comment

It was Mexico when my mom’s family moved here.....

Comment

1st. Both my parents are from South Louisiana. Both my older siblings are from there. I am the only Texan in the family. Not planning on leaving anytime soon.

Comment

Offhand, at least 6th generation on my paleface side. No telling on my native side...they didn't keep records. I was born in Williamson County.

Comment

Inspired by a recent post on here I signed up on Ancestry to find out about my actual lineage; I’ve been able to confirm I’m at least a fifth generation Texan, but the records get real sketchy before that.

Comment

6th generation Texan.
              I am also a direct descendant of "Austins old 300" and have a copy of the original land grant from Steven F Austin.

Comment

4th generation here. Great grandfather born here in 1887. Grandfather in 1880, father in 1925, me in 1956. Great Great grandfather came here in the early 1840's. Oldest known multi great grandfather came from Ireland in the 1730's. Grandmother and her people came here from Mississippi in1888, she was 4 years old. I remember her telling us about the trip here in wagons. This was on my fathers side, mom and dad met at Ft. McClelland in Alabama before Korea. Wish I could listen to the stories of life here in the mid 1800's.

Comment

How many of you guys have read 'Texas: by James Michener'? Man I'm fascinated with all the stories from those days. My grandmas first memory is sitting in a basket at the end of cotton rows while her mom picked cotton and rode around in wagons.

Comment

6th generation on my dad’s side.

Comment

4 & 5

Comment

Heck I don't know 5th? 6th? I've got birth and death records for the Junker family going back to 1851 when our patriarch Johann George Junker sailed from Germany to a little port down at Corpus Christi. He went from there north to Arneckeville and built a home that (I believe) is still there.

Richard.

Comment

6th generation on my father's side. My great great grandfather was the first Wendish settler to arrive in Texas. he arrived in Galveston on the ship Hamburg-Knollen on Dec. 15, 1849. 3rd generation on my mother's side.

Comment

5th on my Dad's side from Tennessee/West Viginia from Ireland. 6th generation on my Mom's side also Scotch/Irish immigrants.

Comment

Born in Gulfport, Ms. Dad got hired on w/ Southwest Airlines and moved us here when I was 1 year old. Been here 40 years of my 41..... with exception of the time I was in the USMC on active duty.

Comment

5th generation Texan Dad side
                                6th generation Texan on Mom side

Comment

Working...
                                X