• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad-Oklahoma
    Mom-Louisiana
    Me -Texas
    My 5 kids-Texas

Comment

5th here and I have 3 kids who has 13 kids and one of them is due in Feb. so 8th gen. coming.

Comment

Not really sure on what generation. I do know for a fact, my family first came here in 1840, from Germany, landed in Indianola. Then stayed in Indianola through both big hurricanes that hit Indianola. They moved away from Indianola after the second hurricane, I am pretty sure went south west afterwards. My family did not follow the path of most German settlers in Texas.
        I think I am sixth generation, possibly seventh, but not really sure. I know my great grandfather was born in 1884, in Indianola he did not get married or have any kids till his late 30s or 40s, I want to say his 40s, he lived to be 101, his sister 108. They both spoke German as a primary language, but both spoke English very well, both had German accents, both graduated from UT in the early 1900s. In 1984, when he turned 100, UT presented them both with a plaque for being the two oldest living UT graduates. I think his sister graduated in 1903 and he in 1907.
        Since he waited till so late in life to get married and make kids, we are one generation closer to the ancestors that moved here from Germany. My mother has the paper work leading up to and after they moved from Germany, to Texas.
        Some of the other family members, came here from Kentucky a long time ago, pretty sure they were Irish. That side of the family were the hunters, hill billies, all had big ears, from the pictures I have seen. Then numerous other ancestors, we have no info on at all. Only two groups of our ancestors kept any records of their history. The hill billy side, did not keep that good of records, but they did keep some records and pictures, mostly pictures with info, that is too vague. The German side of the family kept very good records of their doings.
        Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 11-27-2019, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My great grandfather came from Greece in the late 1800's, so I guess I am 4th generation?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyterry View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Very cool, would have been nice to have a Texas Ranger in the family tree.

Comment

7th fathers side and 5th on mothers side

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
                  7th on my moms side (through San Augustine County, 1831)
                  I'm probably related to you, lol. Family came to San Augustine county in the 1820s. Tons of family buried in cemeteries in Broaddus and Attoyac.

8th Generation

Comment

Technically 0th, I'm a transplant. But I know we had family here, especially when alot of the Irish moved here. Family way back were ramblers and buffalo hunters in the west, or eastern Germans/Polish (including Washington's wife).

Comment

3rd gen Texan and American.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

4 th here and so glad my ancestors chose Texas

Comment

Working...
                        X