No announcement yet.

Terrell County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrell County those are some good looking bucks! We where down over the weekend and got some good rain one morning, just guessing about a inch. Vegetation didn’t look as bad as I expected, but the deer where looking pretty poor. We put out a bale of alfalfa about 40 yards from camp, had 8/10 does and yearlings eating it the next 2 days. We came on the border patrol apprehending 2 separate groups of illegals on the way out yesterday, so I’m guessing the area is pretty hot.

Comment

Howdy fellas! Haven’t posted here in a while. Went to the wild west this past weekend. Filled feeders, cleaned senderos, set up for bow season, and worked on our trailer. Tried getting some water but the community well was dry. Anyone else having trouble getting water at Paint Mare?

Comment

We just purchased 10 of these food grade 15 gallon sealable drums. Will haul our water out from now on. Much safer to handle and easier to transport than their 55 gallon counterparts. Two guys can easily lift full with their side handles and pour from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Terrell_County View Post
          Going to take a while sorting thru 17 cameras..

Are you north of 90?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
            Are you north of 90?

Yes

Comment

Few more bucks.
              Attached Files

Comment

Looking good. Almost time. Can’t wait

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                  We just purchased 10 of these food grade 15 gallon sealable drums. Will haul our water out from now on. Much safer to handle and easier to transport than their 55 gallon counterparts. Two guys can easily lift full with their side handles and pour from.

We used something similar to this. We would use them for washing hands and dishes ect. We left one out there for two years dry. Came back, filled it up and the handles tore clean off when full. They were dry rotted.

Comment

Man more great whitetail pics Terrell County, keep em comiing! I understand the frustration with the water down there, I own 25% of the neighboring water well and it’s been a hassle over the years. We’ve had our best luck with catching rain water.

Comment

Bad pics but a pretty good 11 it looks like
                      Attached Files

Comment

Super nice deer Terrell County! You need to swap out that 1987 Tasco trail cam, so you can get a good look at him.

Comment

These are some good looking deer photos.

Did you guys and gals run across any of the purple/pink Coachwips? Snakes are different out there. In high school I caught a baby diamondback about 10 miles south east of Sanderson. Put him in an aquarium and started feeding him pinkies. They would jump and be spitting up blood before they bounced off the side of the glass. Named him Hot Shot, found out later it was a Mojave and not a Diamondback.

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
                            Took this joker Saturday morning. Pretty frame but the lack of brow-tines got his ticket punched[emoji899]

I see this is last year's buck but I noticed it sort of looks like a Coues Deer.

Comment

Terrell County Hunting

We had a 6’ red coachwhip last year. He was cool looking. 1st one we have seen out there. Been out there, Sanderson/Dryden area for 30 years

Last edited by bps3040; 09-10-2020, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
                                Took this joker Saturday morning. Pretty frame but the lack of brow-tines got his ticket punched[emoji899]

I see this is last year's buck but I noticed it sort of looks like a Coues Deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X