No announcement yet.

Terrell County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some of the finishing touches put on the new camphouse addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice camp Tx

Comment

Nice camp TXBRASS!! Logistics of building a camp like that are tough, that far off the beaten path.

Comment

Does anyone know of a place to buy corn in Sanderson? Where headed that way Wednesday, and I need 4 tons.

Comment

Story from last week’s trip:

First time I went to Terrell County via I-10 and due to stupidity and lack of research I assumed there was fuel in Sheffield. By the time I got to Dryden I was lower than I wanted to make the 25 mile gravel road trip with so we headed into Sanderson to the Stripes to fill up. I haven’t been in Sanderson in almost 20 years, but all kinda looked as I remembered.
            To the best of my figuring I would need about 22 gallons of fuel to fill up my 36 gallon tank.
            I set the pump to auto fill and went about checking the straps and load and soon heard the pump click. I went to the pump and to my surprise it was showing almost 35 gallons that had pumped. Even when I feel like my truck is on fumes and the distance to E reads “LOW” she has never taken more than 33 gallons. Don’t know if it was a simple error or the pumps are set there to pad their pockets, but I’ll be traveling 90 from now on. Lesson learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
              Does anyone know of a place to buy corn in Sanderson? Where headed that way Wednesday, and I need 4 tons.
              There used to be a feed store in Sanderson that sold it, but I'm not sure if they're still open. I got corn at the store in Dryden once, but they are now closed. Del Rio might be a better choice.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                Story from last week’s trip:

First time I went to Terrell County via I-10 and due to stupidity and lack of research I assumed there was fuel in Sheffield. By the time I got to Dryden I was lower than I wanted to make the 25 mile gravel road trip with so we headed into Sanderson to the Stripes to fill up. I haven’t been in Sanderson in almost 20 years, but all kinda looked as I remembered.
                To the best of my figuring I would need about 22 gallons of fuel to fill up my 36 gallon tank.
                I set the pump to auto fill and went about checking the straps and load and soon heard the pump click. I went to the pump and to my surprise it was showing almost 35 gallons that had pumped. Even when I feel like my truck is on fumes and the distance to E reads “LOW” she has never taken more than 33 gallons. Don’t know if it was a simple error or the pumps are set there to pad their pockets, but I’ll be traveling 90 from now on. Lesson learned.

Boy I wish you had said something about which way you were going cuz I could have saved you some trouble I used to take I-10 all the time. I ALWAYS filled up in Ozona. Truck, mule if I have it with me, and gas cans. There is no gas after that until you get to Sanderson. I've seen gas once in Sheffield and it was over $4 a gallon.

I go out US 90 all the way now. Fill up on the west end of Del Rio and then when I get back to Del Rio.

Comment

Really digging this new cell camera. Location is West of Terrell County gas plant.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                    Boy I wish you had said something about which way you were going cuz I could have saved you some trouble I used to take I-10 all the time. I ALWAYS filled up in Ozona. Truck, mule if I have it with me, and gas cans. There is no gas after that until you get to Sanderson. I've seen gas once in Sheffield and it was over $4 a gallon.

I go out US 90 all the way now. Fill up on the west end of Del Rio and then when I get back to Del Rio.

That’s what we have done forever and what I will continue to do from now on.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the corn situation in Sanderson. Corn is usually prIcey when they do have it, but equals out in fuel and tires. Texsdr that camera does take good pics, is it wireless?

Comment

Oh and I’ve got a good low fuel story for Sheffield. We where loaded heavy on a trip to the ranch. Brought 25gals extra fuel, And it wasn’t enough. We where hoping that the station was open in Sheffield, it wasn’t. It was evident that we didn’t have enough fuel to make it to Iraan, or Ozona. About the time I thought we where screwed we happened on the guys that where putting in those big interstate power lines. They where going to give me enough fuel to make it, I gave them a 100.00 dollar bill for beer money. That country always seems big and desolate, but sure does sitting on E.

Comment

A motel and cafe about all there is in Sheffield

Comment

It appears to be a Wise Cam? I've never heard of that brand. If he's hunting west of the gas plant then hes west of me as well. I have my Spy Point on top of the mountain and can't get it to pick up a signal.

That is a pretty good pic.

Comment

Going to take a while sorting thru 17 cameras..
                              Attached Files

Comment

I'm chomping at the bit to get out there! I haven't been since February and I'm sure my cameras are either dead or full of pics.

That first pic is a good deer. I'd like to see what he looks like hard horned.

Comment

Working...
                                X