Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Duck recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
    My favorite way is seared in a cast iron skillet. I only use 2 ingredients: salt and butter.

I prefer to leave the skin on the breast halves if possible. Salt the breast and let sit for 30 minutes. Melt butter in a very hot skillet. Sear skin side down for 5 minutes, flip and sear for another 3-4 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes or so. Enjoy
    Another vote for this method.

A bonus: Make a simple maple bourbon sauce. Simply put some maple syrup (the real stuff) and some bourbon in a pan on low heat and simmer until it reduces to a good consistency. Top seared duck breasts with it.

Replace maple syrup with your favorite BBQ sauce if you want. For some reason maple flavors and BBQ flavors just go really well with duck. Asian flavors too.

Comment

I soak mine in orange juice concentrate and coke over night and wrap in bacon and grill med. rare.

Comment

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ghlight=Perlot

This is some good stuff.

Comment

Sub'd...making me hungry

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is the recipe that I use. I grill the duck rather than roasting in the oven. I prefer the flavor that the char flame infuses into the fat.

Comment

Marinate all night in Italian dressing, salt and pepper it and place on a cedar plank. Smoke it for hours. Scrape the duck off and throw away and eat the cedar plank....

Comment

Cut into cubes soak in buttermilk roll in seasoned cornmeal and fry. Oh beat the heck out of it till tender first.

Comment

Got about 25 min left on a gumbo. Smells awesome

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                      We always made fajitas out of our birds

Yep. We let them marinate then grill'em up.

Comment

Might hurt myself
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X