Worp tour live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiny's taxiderm View Post
    The decoys that weight like 20 lbs each? Yah they are pretty, but heavy heavy...

I'm all for a skeet shoot (clays) whatever you want to call it, I would be even more interested In some side bets $$$ with some of our hunting group, I have seen all y'all shoot. Lol. Just say when.

So I'm pretty sure I made 2 85-90 yard shots straight up and folded 2 redheads. 1 for sure was mine the other was iffy because Clint shot too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Decoys are Higdon foam filled battleships to call those pintail down from orbit and y'all finish off redheads in the decoys without sinking them The Texas Rigs (plastic coated steel) are Lifetime Decoys. Both are quality products! (and supporters of Ducks Unlimited)

The decoys aren't that heavy when you put them in a sled - even lighter when someone else is toting the sled (thank's to the guys in my boat!).

Side bets are going to be based on spelling if you keep typing "prolly" instead of probably. And maybe some bird retriever races, Deuce will give a 100yd lead on a long retrieve Wish I had video of that one! "send Deuce!"

Trash talking continues!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill's Unlimited View Post
      Decoys are Higdon foam filled battleships to call those pintail down from orbit and y'all finish off redheads in the decoys without sinking them The Texas Rigs (plastic coated steel) are Lifetime Decoys. Both are quality products! (and supporters of Ducks Unlimited)

The decoys aren't that heavy when you put them in a sled - even lighter when someone else is toting the sled (thank's to the guys in my boat!).

Side bets are going to be based on spelling if you keep typing "prolly" instead of probably. And maybe some bird retriever races, Deuce will give a 100yd lead on a long retrieve Wish I had video of that one! "send Deuce!"

Trash talking continues!
      One thing that would've made that retrieval even more hilarious, is if it wouldve been russ way out there instead of Joel...

Comment

One thing that would've made that retrieval even more hilarious, is if it wouldve been russ way out there instead of Joel...

I just laughed out loud! Totally agree!

For the skeet / clay shoot:
        - Be a qualifier part of the new application process for new attendees?
        - Will we have to use the patented "extra narrraaa choke"

Comment

I just laughed out loud! Totally agree!

For the skeet / clay shoot:
          - Be a qualifier part of the new application process for new attendees?
          - Will we have to use the patented "extra narrraaa choke"
          It's actually a "Double Extra Narra" choke, and I think we all need to invest in one. YEEAAHHH!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Just uploaded video part 1 of 2 from this weekend to that thread

Comment

Great meeting everyone! Can't wait for next year!

Comment

And everyone is always impressed with the Lifetime Decoy rigs. They held great in some high winds early in the weekend when other rigs floated. No failures, but a few of my remaining home made rigs did! I'll be investing in more over the offseason!

Yea I think I’m finally gonna bite the bullet and get their do it yourself kit. Says it’ll make 2doz 5’ leads, and while I’m at it I’ll be putting these sand grabbing weights on them

6oz pyramid bank sinkers
                Knutsons - Your Waterfowl Hunting Headquarters - Our Online Hunting Store has a complete line of snow goose, blue goose decoys, decoy shells and goose calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                  Yea I think I’m finally gonna bite the bullet and get their do it yourself kit. Says it’ll make 2doz 5’ leads, and while I’m at it I’ll be putting these sand grabbing weights on them

6oz pyramid bank sinkers
                  Knutsons - Your Waterfowl Hunting Headquarters - Our Online Hunting Store has a complete line of snow goose, blue goose decoys, decoy shells and goose calls

Don't do no good if they just gonna sit in the barn, they gotta be in water lol
                  Just kidding...
                  I think that's the weights that bill has but his are 8 oz, they ain't fun throwing out if you ain't used to it

Comment

6oz pyramid bank sinkers

Save time and just buy the rigged ones. Mine are the 6oz mushroom weights on 48”. I also have some 30 or 36” with 4oz bank weights, don’t know how many of those we had in the spread during the high wind hunt.

Comment

Worp tour live

For sure, I should of drug up Wednesday if the rumor mills newest rumor is true. Looks like I’ll have a lot of time next year too hunt if the “Manager’s” new business plan is inacted.

I’d buy the pre-made rigs but there are places I hunt around home that 5’ helps keep them in place and the pyramid shape does better on hard bottoms vs. bank/mushrooms weights. Also I can rig 2doz for the price of 1doz pre-rigged. I’ve got the lead just really need the crimps and cable.

A half pound (8oz) weight is a little extreme for holding unless your running shorter lines. I’d rather have less weight made for bottoms I hunt and longer lines to help them grab.

Last edited by Russ81; 01-29-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

For sure, I should of drug up Wednesday if the rumor mills newest rumor is true. Looks like I’ll have a lot of time next year too hunt if the “Manager’s” new business plan is inacted.

Yea but there are places I hunt around home that 5’ helps keep them in place and the pyramid shape does better on hard bottoms vs. bank/mushrooms weights

A half pound (8oz) weight is a little extreme for holding unless your running shorter lines. I’d rather have less weight made for bottoms I hunt and longer lines to help them grab.

At the end of the day you will do what you think is best.

I’d think the pyramid could do some damage to a plastic decoy. The mushroom holds well, they use them in rivers up north. Length of line is depth with wave action relevant, with a wind the line of a 5’ line can go tight in 1’ of water.

See above, mine are 6oz on mostly foam filled magnum decoys. They did great in sand and mud. I also have some shorter rigs running 3oz and 4oz bank weights, used them all without rolling.

Comment

The lifetime rigs are pretty nice but I can’t get past what they charge for them.

I make my own with mono and have had zero issues for 4+ years now

Line and crimps: $7.75
                          Stainless split ring and swivel: $6.85
                          Weights: $12

Buying bulk drives the cost down even more, I think I had around $2.25 in each weighted rig when I originally put mine together. It’s hard to spend more than double for a similar product that doesn’t have any huge advantages other than convenience. It does take some time and attention to detail to get everything done correctly and with exact tolerances but it’s somewhat therapeutic for me and the kids like hitting things with hammers!

Comment

Originally posted by agtex42 View Post
                            The lifetime rigs are pretty nice but I can’t get past what they charge for them.

I make my own with mono and have had zero issues for 4+ years now

Line and crimps: $7.75
                            Stainless split ring and swivel: $6.85
                            Weights: $12

Buying bulk drives the cost down even more, I think I had around $2.25 in each weighted rig when I originally put mine together. It’s hard to spend more than double for a similar product that doesn’t have any huge advantages other than convenience. It does take some time and attention to detail to get everything done correctly and with exact tolerances but it’s somewhat therapeutic for me and the kids like hitting things with hammers!

I’ve made them too. Everyone has their own price point and different needs and value associated with these things and their time.

Have a look at them up close and give them a chance. Much better than mono, I had some old mono rigs during the hunt that popped. They don’t fray or get brittle. I don’t have those problems with the Lifetime design.

I want a reliable, worry free product and have found one that I’m willing to pay for. My time (to assemble and stress associated with failure) is worth more than $10ish minus the $5.00 carabiner(spelling error?).

Comment

At the end of the day you will do what you think is best.

I’d think the pyramid could do some damage to a plastic decoy. The mushroom holds well, they use them in rivers up north. Length of line is depth with wave action relevant, with a wind the line of a 5’ line can go tight in 1’ of water.

See above, mine are 6oz on mostly foam filled magnum decoys. They did great in sand and mud. I also have some shorter rigs running 3oz and 4oz bank weights, used them all without rolling.

We had 1 decoy roll out on us, just so happen to be the same one Lonnie did a 200 yard stalk on thinking it was a real duck (wounded) and it ended up being one of my cheap decoys... It was quite entertaining

Comment

We had 1 decoy roll out on us, just so happen to be the same one Lonnie did a 200 yard stalk on thinking it was a real duck (wounded) and it ended up being one of my cheap decoys... It was quite entertaining

I learned the first year I was down there that the egg weights roll in heavy wind. There was a bunch that ended up on the bank one day that were rigged that way....

Comment

Working...
                                X