Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Global warming ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
    I don't know if man created global warming. I have doubts.

I do think that the 'experts' don't know. Earth is not the hottest or coldest it has been. We do not have the data that they pretend we have. We put sensors out the build cities around the sensors. We act like we know it all. We don't.

Is climate change happening? Sure, has been since the dawn of earth. I remember 30 years ago they were saying we were entering into an ice age. Now we are going to be flooded.

I think we do ourselves a disservice by focusing on climate change, or warming if you like to call it, and not about taking care of our environment. I could get behind pollution and noise pollution a lot more than climate change.

To me, "global warming" is more about distribution of wealth. Blaming others for things we can not control. At least at the end of the day, that is the result.

So if we buy into man created global warming. Why is Mars warming? As said, a volcano puts out more carbon dioxide than man does - but let's blame farting cows. Read earlier the earth is greener than 30 years ago.
    Yep. If we really think about it burning these fossil fuels is returning the earth to the way it once was. All the plant and animal matter that turned to oil was once on the surface. A huge, wet, high Co2 greenhouse environment. It was sequestered in the ground and is now being released. All a part of the same cycle that has been going on one way or another for who knows how long ......

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
      As said, a volcano puts out more carbon dioxide than man does - but let's blame farting cows. Read earlier the earth is greener than 30 years ago.
      Man puts out far more CO2 than volcanoes ever have.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...oes-or-humans/

I used to believe your statement too until I did some research on it for myself.

Comment

Still interesting to read this thread but let me know when their is an affirmative answer to the question of climate change.

Comment

[QUOTE=Landrover;14217884]Still interesting to read this thread but let me know when their is an affirmative answer to the question of climate

The affirmative answer is......climate change has been happening for the entire 14 billion years earth has been a spinning rock.
          There was an ice age, then a warming period, then a mini ice age, then warming period

Comment

Working...
          X