Awesome Axis Taxidermy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sika View Post
    Not a fan...looks like the deer is melting.
    It gets hot in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      Thanks for the English lesson

Now here's an art history lesson. Real abstract art is supposed to bear no resemblance to anything recognizable. As Picasso said "remove all traces of reality." Therefore, your creative taxidermy doesn't really fit the definition.

I like art but I don't like my mounts to look like they went splat on a map...but that's the great thing about this country...I can have my opinion and you can have yours
      Picasso?? Really? Abstract art has been found on the walls of caves that are thousands and thousands of years old. Way before Picasso... You know he died when I was 8.. I'm only 52.
      He didn't invent abstract art although he may have had his own definition of what he thought it should be.. Thanks for the art history lesson though..

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        "Abstract" art is one of the great con jobs of this world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Let's wait and se how this cyber currency deal plays out.. We may have a lead change..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          Because that's exactly what the artist intended.. It was intentional.
          These was never meant to be anatomically correct pieces of taxidermy work. Some taxidermists roots started in art. Some didn't.
          Actually they pulled off what was intended perfectly. This goes beyond standard taxidermy art and gets into the abstract.. Some of the most expensive abstract art in the world looks horrible to most. Like I said earlier, people that are "artsy" will get it. The rest won't..
          I actually found out today who did the axis. Trust me when I say he is one of the best in the business..

So TT, with your expert abstract skills, can you explain just what animal that axis is supposed to represent? Kinda looks like he stretched a very nice axis buck's cape n antlers over a goat head or something else, maybe a german shepherd or something... sure don't look like any axis deer I ever saw, an' I dun saw a bunch of 'em... even kilt 'em, but I ain't no abstract axis x-Spurt...

I understand you're just takin' up for the guy and I'm jus' funnin' ya... 'cause looks to me like you's tryin' ta defend the indefensible...

Comment

Awesome Axis Taxidermy

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            So TT, with your expert abstract skills, can you explain just what animal that axis is supposed to represent? Kinda looks like he stretched a very nice axis buck's cape n antlers over a goat head or something else, maybe a german shepherd or something... sure don't look like any axis deer I ever saw, an' I dun saw a bunch of 'em... even kilt 'em, but I ain't no abstract axis x-Spurt... [emoji3]

I understand you're just takin' up for the guy and I'm jus' funnin' ya... 'cause looks to me like you's tryin' ta defend the indefensible... [emoji33]

The head is actually a McKenzie sculpture so I'm not surprised folks don't like it..
            Can't stand them myself!!

I'm not taking up for the man, he can take up for himself. Heck I just found out a couple of hours ago who actually did it.
            My only point is that it was never meant to be a anatomical mount.. It was made to look weird/abstract deliberately..... Take it for what it is.. I'm sure he knew not everyone would like that style..
            It ain't for everybody..

Last edited by PondPopper; 01-16-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X