Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Awesome Axis Taxidermy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    That's nice.. I like it. It's abstract. Not for everybody.. Artsy people will love it..

This is one of my all time favorite pieces..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for me on either mount but the zebra looks like the Taxi put a little effort in then the axis guy. The axis taxi apparently thinks all mounts should have 'roid rage :lol:

Comment

I appreciate thinking outside the box. Trying to blend two different objects into one composition requires scale/proportion, (and in this case taxidermy-anatomy correctness), and balance. I think we grasp what they were trying to achieve but since we are critiquing, it’s just off balance. It did however give me an idea to when I get a chance to mount mine up.

Comment

Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don't like it. Not even a little bit. Well, the horns are nice.

Comment

It's unique, thinking outside of the box and is very creative and some will love it and some will hate it.

I'm in between and it's not for me.

Comment

Awful mounts. Really awful.

Comment

I like it but would change some things about it

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  I don’t like the zebra either. Looks like the acme steamroller has its way with both of them.

Because that's exactly what the artist intended.. It was intentional.
                  These was never meant to be anatomically correct pieces of taxidermy work. Some taxidermists roots started in art. Some didn't.
                  Actually they pulled off what was intended perfectly. This goes beyond standard taxidermy art and gets into the abstract.. Some of the most expensive abstract art in the world looks horrible to most. Like I said earlier, people that are "artsy" will get it. The rest won't..
                  I actually found out today who did the axis. Trust me when I say he is one of the best in the business..

Comment

Zebras face looks like it’s up to something.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                      Zebras face looks like it’s up to something.

He does have that "rubber lip" look going on..

Comment

I don't like it at all

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          Because that's exactly what the artist intended.. It was intentional.
                          These was never meant to be anatomically correct pieces of taxidermy work. Some taxidermists roots started in art. Some didn't.
                          Actually they pulled off what was intended perfectly. This goes beyond standard taxidermy art and gets into the abstract.. Some of the most expensive abstract art in the world looks horrible to most. Like I said earlier, people that are "artsy" will get it. The rest won't..
                          I actually found out today who did the axis. Trust me when I say he is one of the best in the business..

Thanks for the English lesson

Now here's an art history lesson. Real abstract art is supposed to bear no resemblance to anything recognizable. As Picasso said "remove all traces of reality." Therefore, your creative taxidermy doesn't really fit the definition.

I like art but I don't like my mounts to look like they went splat on a map...but that's the great thing about this country...I can have my opinion and you can have yours

Comment

"Abstract" art is one of the great con jobs of this world.

Comment

not for me

Comment

Looks like that would be a tremendous amount of trouble for the taxidermist! I think its pretty cool though, I bet its much more appealing in person.

Comment

Working...
                                X