Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we had an amazing first year on the lease! My daughter shot her first whitetail and used a xbow, My wife shot a doe with her bow with a 2 year old in the stsnd as well as me and my 8 year old! We both killed our first turkey and used bows. Then finishing off the season Tuesday evning i shot my biggest buck ever. Every animal we shot fell over dead within 40 yards. Makes me proud of all the family time we spent practicing! Now the wait until spring turkey season!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
      Well we had an amazing first year on the lease! My daughter shot her first whitetail and used a xbow, My wife shot a doe with her bow with a 2 year old in the stsnd as well as me and my 8 year old! We both killed our first turkey and used bows. Then finishing off the season Tuesday evning i shot my biggest buck ever. Every animal we shot fell over dead within 40 yards. Makes me proud of all the family time we spent practicing! Now the wait until spring turkey season!

Good stuff. Congrats to y’all.

Comment

Congrats man, why is season still over we still have about 6 weeks left

Comment

My son and I had a great thanksgiving hunt together. He came down from college for some very needed decompressing. We're north of San Angelo in Tennyson.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            Congrats man, why is season still over we still have about 6 weeks left
            We killed our Deer already lol

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
              My son and I had a great thanksgiving hunt together. He came down from college for some very needed decompressing. We're north of San Angelo in Tennyson.
              Congrats on you and your son.

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post

Congratulations Colin, great group of hunters there lots of memories.

Comment

Congrats Colin and your girls, it doesn't get much better

Comment

We had bucks still aggressively chasing does north of SA. That is not something we have seen in prior years at this point as the rut has been done by Thanksgiving the last several years. Good deer movement overall. Four does bit the dust.

Comment

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

2 does and one cull buck for us.....feeder activity was inconsistent....hot some days and **** poor others. Got skunked one morning. First time I have been skunked since the 2012 year which also happens to be another year we had 7-10" of rain in September/October. Most of the mature deer we saw were chasing doe. I passed a mature 8 twice to video and to discuss with my lease members on whether I should let him go again since we had a bad spring rain wise or shoot em and move on. He was a decent deer last year for those of us that like big 8s, but we wanted to give him another year. He is down some this year and is borderline now. Decided to shoot him and didn't see him again after Wed where he wasn't in my rut field chasing a doe or around my pen. Wasn't really that mad at him anyway so I'm not disappointed...but it just goes to show you how inconsistent it is right now.

Deer are just not consistently active at feeders for us. One member drove from our double round tanks where his daughter killed a doe and said "I saw 20-30 deer between here and camp"..... and when we asked the member who has a blind in that area what he saw?...."3 deer". Going back on 12/11 for 6 days to do it again though.

Did get to put a hand on my buck, Flattop, from last year. Picked him up from Safari on Friday. Those boys do good work. Unfortunately that was probably the highlight of my hunting week..

Last edited by Smart; 12-03-2018, 03:02 PM.

Comment

The deer were rutting hard in Irion Co this weekend. Had the chance to look at a lot of new bucks.....Just not seeing many mature big bucks. BTW, The Mount looks amazing.....I am a little partial, Jimmy is my brother.

Comment

Flattop looks great Jason, love those brow tines!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            OH wow that sucker is nice

Comment

Thanks fellas.

Comment

Getting sloppy again. Going to be a muddy weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X