Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coach51 View Post
    Leaving tomorrow to hunt for a few days. Ready to see the rut in action.
    Good luck.

Comment

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Been pretty slow in general for me for two hunts but other guys here have had plenty of deer feeder activity. Some with 10-15 deer. I did have one of our mgmt hit list deer come in but the SW winds suck for our stands and I was hunting with the windows closed. That and west are the only wind directions that give me any real problems. I just didn’t think where he was I could open the window, grab my bow and get settled before he busted me. I was hoping he would move to my hand corn which is more favorable but he did not. Was also hoping for a more favorable wind change this week but am not going to get it. Last week these winds we all supposed to be N or NE and highs in the 50s[emoji1750]*[emoji3603]. We’ll see how it plays out. Don’t want to booger him up.

Saw four deer including him and 30 plus Jakes and gobblers. Good to see Mother Nature replenish our turkey stock after the *** whipping we gave them last spring[emoji23]

Here is the mgmt buck we call Festus. He had short tines in the first place and the got even shorter this year while his bases and beam got heavier. Definitely down. Weird deer.

In the stand now. Here until Sunday morning. 80 degrees Thurs afternoon is gonna be a nutkick
      Last edited by Smart; 11-28-2018, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Been pretty slow in general for me for two hunts but other guys here have had plenty of deer feeder activity. Some with 10-15 deer. I did have one of our mgmt hit list deer come in but the SW winds suck for our stands and I was hunting with the windows closed. I just didn’t think where he was I could open the window, grab my bow and get settled before he busted me. I was hoping he would move to my hand corn which is more favorable but he did not. Was hoping for a more favorable wind change this week but am not going to get it...Saw four deer including him and 30 plus Jakes and gobblers. Good to see Mother Nature replenish our turkey stock after the *** whipping we gave them last spring[emoji23]

Here is the mgmt buck we call Festus. He had short tines in the first place and the got eve shorter this year while his bases and beam got heavier. Weird deer.

In the stand now. Here until Sunday morning. 80 degrees Thurs afternoon is gonna be a nutkick

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s tough conditions but better than not hunting! Stay with it, something new could roll in any minute.

Comment

Bone Thug--sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Been pretty slow in general for me for two hunts but other guys here have had plenty of deer feeder activity. Some with 10-15 deer. I did have one of our mgmt hit list deer come in but the SW winds suck for our stands and I was hunting with the windows closed. That and west are the only wind directions that give me any real problems. I just didn’t think where he was I could open the window, grab my bow and get settled before he busted me. I was hoping he would move to my hand corn which is more favorable but he did not. Was also hoping for a more favorable wind change this week but am not going to get it. Last week these winds we all supposed to be N or NE and highs in the 50s[emoji1750]*[emoji3603]. We’ll see how it plays out. Don’t want to booger him up.

Saw four deer including him and 30 plus Jakes and gobblers. Good to see Mother Nature replenish our turkey stock after the *** whipping we gave them last spring[emoji23]

Here is the mgmt buck we call Festus. He had short tines in the first place and the got even shorter this year while his bases and beam got heavier. Definitely down. Weird deer.

Good luck. These SW and W winds have been keeping us out of 90% of our stands, I've never seen this much W wind, frankly it's kind of pizzing me off. I know as soon as I start moving stands we'll get the standard SE and N winds again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                Good luck. These SW and W winds have been keeping us out of 90% of our stands, I've never seen this much W wind, frankly it's kind of pizzing me off. I know as soon as I start moving stands we'll get the standard SE and N winds again.

Yup... its ridiculous.

Comment

This dang weather never cooperates for the rut. And that dang moon!! Looks like next week will be much better than this week.

Good luck on your hunt this week.

Comment

Ozonics saved us last week, my stands are all set up for easterly winds as well but with the krivo and an ozonic run right over the open window we were good. I had a few deer get fidgety and nervous but never spooked. I would have been screwed if we didn't have them and couldn't hunt our stands.

Comment

In the stand this morning in Irion Co. Wind is blowing like crazy. We will see what shows.

Comment

Can't decide if I'm going up tomorrow morning or tonight when I get off work. Its a long drive when you work 12 hours then go to Water Valley from Houston lol. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
                          Can't decide if I'm going up tomorrow morning or tonight when I get off work. Its a long drive when you work 12 hours then go to Water Valley from Houston lol. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Red Bull and 5 hours. Haha. I’ll see you up there buddy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                            Red Bull and 5 hours. Haha. I’ll see you up there buddy!!

Lol man I've made it 3 times this year after work, twice coming off nights. Tried last week but there was no way haha! I think at some point you become immune to redbull, it may give you wings but crippled birds cant fly lol

Comment

Adderall works better than redbull.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                                Ozonics saved us last week, my stands are all set up for easterly winds as well but with the krivo and an ozonic run right over the open window we were good. I had a few deer get fidgety and nervous but never spooked. I would have been screwed if we didn't have them and couldn't hunt our stands.
                                Looks like west wind all weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X