If you could change the TPWD hunting laws/regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post

I would make it a black and white law that if you poach a big game animal on someone else's property you lose ALL hunting privileges for life along with whatever else the judge feels is appropriate.

I don't like that. Too many kids who were brought up in that environment and didn't know better. I met a guy who was busted for shooting a deer off the road when he was a kid. His dad told him to do it. It was a dummy deer.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      I don't agree with everything TP&W does but reading some of these sure makes me glad they're running things and not y'all!
      I agree, I'm shaking my head at some of the responses wanting to limit other hunters ability to hunt with the tool of choice. "Archery only statewide, no rifles Thanksgiving weekend, two week rifle season". How would these same people feel if rifle hunters wanted to do away with archery season or not allow archery to be used except during archery season.

There are enough anti hunters, and their ranks are growing, who want to take away the right to hunt, without hunters being anti hunter toward other hunters who hunt differently than they do.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        I don't like that. Too many kids who were brought up in that environment and didn't know better. I met a guy who was busted for shooting a deer off the road when he was a kid. His dad told him to do it. It was a dummy deer.
        I meant this to mean for adults "18 and over". If you are over 18 you can't blame it on your raising. Just because daddy did it doesn't make it ok.

Comment

Kill the 13" rule. I still believe its all about money. I do agree with one of the posters above, in some places few bucks are surviving into their second year, killed as spikes.

Comment

Make the fish & game laws simpler. Eliminate so much of the sub laws that vary so much from lake to lake or county to county.

Make all users of what I call type 2 areas to buy aph. Ex ray Roberts, fishermen, skiers, swimmers, campers all gotta buy it. Same as hunters.

Open dove season on the first Saturday in September so we all have the same chances

Make duck season 30 days for the next 3 years. 3 bird limit. Drakes only. This go eliminate the "Ned in the first reader" ( aka topwaters) from the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by W-O View Post
              How would these same people feel if rifle hunters wanted to do away with archery season or not allow archery to be used except during archery season.

Many states have shorter rifle seasons and have no problem with Hunter recruitment. It makes no sense to restrict the harder of two hunting methods if the goal of the regs is to get as many deer to maturity as possible. A 60+ day gun season makes it hard on hunters really wanting to increase the age class on their land. A buck just doesn’t stand a chance in high hunter density with a 60 day gun season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                Kill the 13" rule. I still believe its all about money. I do agree with one of the posters above, in some places few bucks are surviving into their second year, killed as spikes.
                The 13" rule isn't going away, there will just be more counties added in the future, mule deer in the panhandle, & then whitetail in the hill country are next I hear.

Comment

Allow baiting and atv's on public land.

Comment

Anterless only for a year are two in Mills county. Will not happen but all of Mills county have to many does, but no one kills them.

Comment

Originally posted by W-O View Post
                      I agree, I'm shaking my head at some of the responses wanting to limit other hunters ability to hunt with the tool of choice. "Archery only statewide, no rifles Thanksgiving weekend, two week rifle season". How would these same people feel if rifle hunters wanted to do away with archery season or not allow archery to be used except during archery season.
                      They would, obviously, be all for their own methods being restricted. I mean, what is good for the goose is good for the gander

Comment

Shut Hagerman down for 3 yrs let some new deer come up and when it reopens no scouting got 3 hour to hang stand.

Comment

Start archery season Sept 1 so l can catch these bucks in their late summer feeding pattern. They are no more predictable any other time of year. If season started Sept 1 l would have twice as many deer mounts in my house.

Comment

If you get season much later Horns will be fallin...we are expected to measure a point on a live deer in field condition with your eye many yards away ( 7/8" is not a point and 1" is a point...G Warden gets to use a ruler) same with 13" rule...I think the intent of TPWD is good..(Its just too fine a line) esp for younger inexp hunters.who are the majority shooting that class of deer.. But I have seen some hell of a high horned less than 13"old buck in my life..
                            and crying about Bows and Crossbows that are capable of 50y and crying about Muzzeloaders capable of 150y ..Whos CRYIN the guys with Rifles that are capable of 500y+ I just do not get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
                              Do away with any season other than "Deer Season".....Everyone starts and ends on same day, no matter what weapon they choose to use.
                              X2
                              Originally posted by kyleseipp View Post
                              I'd only vote for this one if I owned a Grill Guard company! Good stuff!
                              Lol, me too. There would be a lot of replacement bumpers sold in a short period of time.

Comment

To everyone saying make lead shot legal for waterfowl, what's your reasoning? Always thought it was cleaner to keep lead out of the wetlands, what's wrong with using steel shot?

Comment

Working...
                                X