No announcement yet.

If you could change the TPWD hunting laws/regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only thing would be regarding dispatching wounded deer. You should be able to use a firearm to dispatch a wounded deer in archery season, and you should also be able to finish off a wounded deer after dark... The rules would have to be very straight forward and there would have to be punishment for any mistakes in order to keep people from taking advantage of the law, but I think this only helps people who are law abiding... People who are going to take advantage of this are going to break the law regardless, so why not let us law abiding hunters be able to put a wounded deer down in the most efficient way we possibly can?

Comment

Make the Lifetime Hunting License cost more reasonable. More like Oklahoma who’s is only like $750
      Or at least discounted for military, Leo’s, fire, etc...

Comment

do away with MLD permits,if landowners want fewer deer on their land,then let people hunt them

Comment

Put the AR Rules statewide, but remove the spike provision. Allow however many bucks needed but they need to comply with a minimum size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Make the LBJ grasslands draw tags and limited number. So the land owners around don't have to fear for passing a good Deer knowing it don't stand a chance on the grasslands

Comment

Originally posted by 4R Daddy View Post
              I would lower the daily bag limit on quail to 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              That would change very little. Most quail will die every year regardless if they are hunted or not.

Comment

I don't agree with everything TP&W does but reading some of these sure makes me glad they're running things and not y'all!

Comment

I would love it if it were ever possible to issue tags based on how many acres you have, more or less everything is MLD. I know it will never happen, but it would resolve the issue of 1 Family on 5 acres shooting 10 bucks.
                  Last edited by Hockley; 12-26-2017, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                    My only thing would be regarding dispatching wounded deer. You should be able to use a firearm to dispatch a wounded deer in archery season, and you should also be able to finish off a wounded deer after dark... The rules would have to be very straight forward and there would have to be punishment for any mistakes in order to keep people from taking advantage of the law, but I think this only helps people who are law abiding... People who are going to take advantage of this are going to break the law regardless, so why not let us law abiding hunters be able to put a wounded deer down in the most efficient way we possibly can?
                    Did you shoot the 271 ? lol

I don't think a few days later really counts does it?

Comment

Should be issuing tags to everyone based on counts and local pop densities and history.

Comment

You guys have to narrow a scope of things and give to much consideration to the other guys! You give me that kind of power-I'm just going to exempt myself and those with me from any of the rules. Can you imagine what kind of guide fees I'd pull in?

Comment

Here goes..... No crossbows during archery season. Crossbows with scopes and triggers should only be used during rifle season.

Comment

West Texas turkey season opener two weeks earlier. Seems our best bird activity is done by the second weekend for the most part....moreso than not.

I like the staggered dove season......gives us folks who have places in both zones two opening weekends Keep it!

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                              I'd like duck season to be delayed by 5 days and no split.

And while TPWD doesn't set the bird limits, I'd reduce it to 3 everywhere. Also, no planting of rice, grain, corn, etc just for the purposes of drawing ducks in to hunt. And lastly, a complete ban on ice eaters, as well as, no flooding of frozen fields.

-YouTube
                              Huh??

Comment

Originally posted by cstrey18 View Post
                                No rifles the week of Thanksgiving
                                This!

I have kids that I take hunting. I still think AR is a good thing. My kids are learning that hunting is hunting. They are learning young that you can't and shouldn't be shooting any little buck that crosses in front of them. We watch hunting shows on tv and my 6 yr old is telling me if bucks are wide enough to shoot! Love it!

I would extend deer season into Feb

I would make it a black and white law that if you poach a big game animal on someone else's property you lose ALL hunting privileges for life along with whatever else the judge feels is appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X