No hunting behind HF
    No youth season
    No crossbows in archery or rifle season
    All spikes must be shot on sight
    Only 271" bucks allowed to be shot at night
    Pea gravel must be added if one corn feeds
    No weekend hunting. All hunting must be done Mon-Fri

Comment

Allow a doe or buck during Mule Deer season.

Comment

Get rid of restricted doe harvest timeframes. If I can kill two does in a county, what does it matter when I kill them?

Comment

It needs to be legal to use a dog for trailing a wounded deer throughout Texas

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            Get rid of restricted doe harvest timeframes. If I can kill two does in a county, what does it matter when I kill them?
            agree. the 4 day doe season doesn't make sense.

I like the idea of making muzzleloader season into "primitive weapons" season. the extended MZ season doesn't do me any good in my archery only spot, it doesn't get good out there till mid-late December. if the idea is tp open it up in January for a "harder" hunt, they could add to the season in archery only counties.

I love AR's but also now that my son is trying to get his first deer I can see the frustration in not being able to shoot <13" bucks. add that to the 4 day doe season and it can make for some frustrating sits for the young ones.

i do enjoy the late youth season for sure.

Comment

Give another 4 weeks after general season for archery only

Comment

If you want to reduce the harvest of something you reduce the hunting days.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                  Or the quota.

Comment

shorted the season for ar counties
                    3 week bow season
                    3 week rifle season
                    3 week muzzleloader

Comment

This is by far my biggest grievance. Allow two does any time and get rid of the unbranched antler buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                        This is true. Many more does would be shot if hunters were allowed to kill them all season, even if the bag limit remained the same. That is why I would recommend cutting the county limit from two does to one and allowing harvest all season.

Comment

Kinney county - go from 2 to 3 buck county. Statewide same season, ending when the current south tx season ends

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                            Change the muzzle-loader season to primitive weapons season--so I can continue to hunt with my bow.
                            Here, here ! I wonder if LSBA ever thought of lobbying for that ?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                              It will be that way eventually.
                              Not with the current rules, I can assure you. Small properties are left in the cold under the new rules.

Comment

Originally posted by cstrey18 View Post
                                I think antler restriction counties should be one buck over 13" no spikes. In some places where many yearling bucks are spikes a whole age class can be taken out. It also allows people to shoot young bucks with broken antlers which defeats the purpose. Not to mention the forkhorns that are accidentally shot because people can't see the forks
                                Good idea ! I've been thinking this way ever since AR came into being.

Comment

Working...
                                X