No announcement yet.

If you could change the TPWD hunting laws/regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal to bowfish catfish, with bag limits. Otherwise, no change...

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Lead shot would be legal
      Yes!!
      Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
      Change the muzzle-loader season to primitive weapons season--so I can continue to hunt with my bow.
      Yes!!!

And Duck rules are governed by the feds, not the state

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
        They seem to change very little yr after yr. I would like to see a later start in the yr for deer hunting in general.
        Guess you missed the whole antler restrictions/bag limit change for the eastern third of the state a few years ago... I think the regs are fairly good right now, much better than the old 1 buck county days, I might like to see some of the antlerless regs in some counties not so liberal, allowing you to shoot 5 does a year is a bit much in some places IMO, we do seem to be seeing more bucks than does now.

Comment

Adding doe days to rifle season in DeWitt County. Right now, you can harvest does during the archery only season, unless you are MLD.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
            They seem to change very little yr after yr. I would like to see a later start in the yr for deer hunting in general.

Maybe the first day of November. Ending with general season in late January. Not all counties have the rut Thansgiving week. October can be really hot as well.
            The rut occurs on the upper Texas Gulfcoast sometimes the first week of October so this would be a tough call. Maybe a longer season in the Texas Hill Country and other locations but with the same bag limits. I have no problem drawing the season out so I can visit the lease more often when the weather is cooler.

Comment

As far as no antler restrictions for youth I disagree, too many dads already using youth season as their opener.

Comment

I wish every property was a MLD property. Wishful thinking I know, but it would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                  I wish every property was a MLD property. Wishful thinking I know, but it would be nice.
                  It will be that way eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
                    Like a 2 week rifle season, maybe three. Then a muzzleloader only and maybe a shotgun. Then the rest archery only.
                    I sure like that idea too but wouldn't propose it as it wouldn't be worth the grief, you sure would hear some screams about it...

Comment

Make deer season consistent across the state, i.e. everyone gets the extra 2 weeks South Texas gets every year. I am a couple miles north of 90 and basically South Texas as far as when the rut is etc. I can't tell you how many years a buck has shown up after the season closed but would be legal a couple of miles away. There is absolutely no reason the whole state can't hunt for longer. The tags limit the number of deer so why not as long of a season as possible.

I agree on no AR for youth or at least for youth weekend. I can see it getting abused but I'm for anything that helps the kids.

Comment

Deer season Oct 1 - Jan 31st, all legal means. Hunt with whatever weapon you want start to finish.

Dove season Sept 1 thru Jan 31st.

No AR restrictions for under 16 in any county.

Comment

I think antler restriction counties should be one buck over 13" no spikes. In some places where many yearling bucks are spikes a whole age class can be taken out. It also allows people to shoot young bucks with broken antlers which defeats the purpose. Not to mention the forkhorns that are accidentally shot because people can't see the forks

Comment

Originally posted by chuckw View Post
                            i would like to see AR imposed statewide to include mule deer.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                              Make deer season consistent across the state, i.e. everyone gets the extra 2 weeks South Texas gets every year.
                              This is proposed for next year, I guess if it gets ok'd muzzleloader only season basically gets axed in all the counties that have it.
                              Last edited by bossbowman; 12-26-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

No rifles the week of Thanksgiving

Comment

Working...
                                X