Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

If you could change the TPWD hunting laws/regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HubCityThumper View Post
    Later start to mule deer season for Scurry County and surrounding counties. The deer are just starting to rut on last weekend of season. I see it every year.
    Later start in Pecos County as well. Mulies are not in rut until the first of December.

Comment

Like a 2 week rifle season, maybe three. Then a muzzleloader only and maybe a shotgun. Then the rest archery only.

Comment

Our season dates are good but have some later doe days in the AR counties. I hate messing with cleaning does in Oct when it's 80 degrees. Thanksgiving weekend is the peak of our rut so I'm looking for a big one those few days and not messing with does. Every year, we end up past the doe days and have not killed the numbers of does that need to be taken out.

As part of that make the spike tag a doe/spike tag. Tons of spikes get zapped every Dec for no other reason than meat and the fact that does are off limits.

Comment

We need a six point and under tag in the hill country. Like many have seen this year, we have way too many inferior bucks and not enough does at times.

Comment

I would vote to do away with doe days and reduce the county bag limit to one antlerless, which can be taken any day of any season.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
              Dec 1 to Feb 28 duck season
              No AR restrictions for youth.
              If you hit one with your car you should be able to take it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              I'd only vote for this one if I owned a Grill Guard company! Good stuff!

Comment

Do away with any season other than "Deer Season".....Everyone starts and ends on same day, no matter what weapon they choose to use.

Comment

1. Make doe days season in the AR counties

2. Make lead shot legal again

3. Create some sort of "tag" system for ducks so you base your limits off of a season bag limit instead of a daily limit. A guy can hunt one time a year but if he kills 7 birds on that hunt he is a lower than low-life scum sucking poacher. Someone else can hunt 40 times per year and kill 6 on each of those trips and he right as rain.

Comment

I'd like duck season to be delayed by 5 days and no split.

And while TPWD doesn't set the bird limits, I'd reduce it to 3 everywhere. Also, no planting of rice, grain, corn, etc just for the purposes of drawing ducks in to hunt. And lastly, a complete ban on ice eaters, as well as, no flooding of frozen fields.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG87oElqXWE]-YouTube[/ame]
                    Last edited by hopedale; 12-26-2017, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Open spring turkey season 2 weeks earlier.

Comment

Archery only, the whole state of Tx

No restrictions on doe, the option to shoot them all season

Comment

No ar for youth. Makes it tough for kids getting started if you don’t have a place with a big # of deer. Work on management when they get older. Otherwise i like ar

Comment

Change the muzzle-loader season to primitive weapons season--so I can continue to hunt with my bow.

Comment

TEXAS hunting seasons are awesome in EVERY way, Lived there my whole life and was a complainer, now reside in Washington state,with possibilities to hunt everything imaginable
                              BUT THE RULES here are so F/N confusing, Ive decided not to hunt in fear of going to jail over any infringement, never know how well you have it till you LOSE IT!!

I MISS TEXAS

Comment

1. Open flounder gigging in November (2 fish bag limit, just like rod & reel is fine)

2. Open South zone dove Labor Day weekend. The late September start is really tough on folks just south of I-10.

3. Additional doe days for antler restricted counties

4. Lower speckle trout limit to 5 for Galveston bay system; just like the majority of the TX coast.

5. Lower red fish slot minimum to 18"

6. No license fees for people over 65 and reduced fees for veterans

Comment

Working...
                                X