No announcement yet.

Lease Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Member should be let go from the lease if his guest shot said elk that was not supposed to be shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Dear God in heaven.....please, please, please never let me end up on a lease with a selfish set of curmudgeon members and fellow hunters that think like this above. I enjoy sharing my lease allotment with kids or folks who aren't as fortunate to be able to lease at this time..... or even with folks that have a lease or own property and want to see some new territory. Does and culls need killin' too. They are either gonna die by my hand or theirs.
      Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Dear God in heaven.....please, please, please never let me end up on a lease with a selfish set of curmudgeon members and fellow hunters that think like this above. I enjoy sharing my lease allotment with kids or folks who aren't as fortunate to be able to lease at this time..... or even with folks that have a lease or own property and want to see some new territory. Does and culls need killin' too. They are either gonna die by my hand or theirs.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m lucky enough to have some friends that think as you do Smart and I’m thankful for their invite. I do have a lease and do spend money on trying to make it a good place, it just hunts super tuff. If it weren’t for these guys there would have been no deer in the freezer after a few seasons.

Comment

I would bet you a thousand dollars they knew exactly what they were doing and planned to not be on the lease next year.

Ramrod’s first responsibility is to protect the lease for him/her and the other hunters. As stated they must part ways with the hunter. Telling the land owner what happened is probably a good idea too because these things have a way of coming out anyway.

Comment

Yeah I said it, leeches.

Comment

Completely agree, whole lot more to hunting than just me, kinda like life...

Comment

Most landowners don't want to have to deal with the drama of a lease, and will pretty much stay away from getting close to the people who lease their land.
                If they have rules, they expect them to be followed, and if not, they will have no problem leasing to someone who will.

Comment

I hunt in a high fence with several members. Similar rules, guests can't hunt alone. Don't have to sit with guests but if something gets killed that is being managed and isn't on a kill list. We have to replace the animal. This is a high fence place though, and I don't have stupid friends that go and shoot stuff I tell them not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                    Yeah I said it, leeches.
                    You just made me LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                      I would bet you a thousand dollars they knew exactly what they were doing and planned to not be on the lease next year.

Ramrod’s first responsibility is to protect the lease for him/her and the other hunters. As stated they must part ways with the hunter. Telling the land owner what happened is probably a good idea too because these things have a way of coming out anyway.
                      Guest probably paid leassee $$ for it.

Comment

Next steps, in this order...

1. Landowner is told immediately. If I’m the landowner, and I’m told, only the member who’s guest shot the elk is gone. If I’m not told, everyone who knew about it is gone.

2. Member, who’s guest shot the elk, is sent a bill. It’s not the guest’s mistake. The member was told to sit with him and did not. If he’s sitting with him, he never pulls the trigger. If the member told him not to shoot an elk then the member can send the guest an offsetting bill.

3. Member is gone, effective immediately.

4. Guests are still allowed.
                        Last edited by Buckley99; 12-17-2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

I've read 78 of 100 posts.

I agree he should be removed from lease.

Here's a question.
                          If an ELk is not a game animal, in Texas, what good would it do getting a GW involved...

Last edited by Pushbutton2; 12-17-2017, 12:40 PM.

Comment

This is why guest hunting is pure bs. Let these leeches get a job, put in the hard work like you do, spend their own d... money, and get their own d... lease.
                            Yeah I said it, leeches.
                            What you don't understand is this is TBH. You may mean (and even clearly clarify) that you mean a lot of people are leeches...But TBH will assume and act like you said every single one is a leech, every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

Here's a question.
                              If an ELk is not a game animal, in Texas, what good would it do getting a GW involved...

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...-other-species

Last time I checked hunting without landowner consent was a punishable offense. The landowner did not consent to hunting elk on his property. Correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

Here's a question.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...-other-species

Game warden comes in with killing an animal without landowner consent. Its doesn't have to be a game animal. Pigs, exotics, varmints etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X