• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gone! No question about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
      This is why guest hunting is pure bs. Let these leeches get a job, put in the hard work like you do, spend their own d... money, and get their own d... lease.

Dear God in heaven.....please, please, please never let me end up on a lease with a selfish set of curmudgeon members and fellow hunters that think like this above. I enjoy sharing my lease allotment with kids or folks who aren't as fortunate to be able to lease at this time..... or even with folks that have a lease or own property and want to see some new territory. Does and culls need killin' too. They are either gonna die by my hand or theirs.
      Last edited by Smart; 12-17-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        So that means when your wife or kids want to hunt they need to get off their *** and pay for their own spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        I'm still waiting for his response to your question. I personally wouldn't be on a lease if you couldnt bring guest. It's no fun if you can't take your wife, or family member almong eveynow and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
          I'm still waiting for his response to your question. I personally wouldn't be on a lease if you couldnt bring guest. It's no fun if you can't take your wife, or family member almong eveynow and then.

x2

Comment

Unless it was stated in the contract that you pay a fee if you kill an off limits animal then he shouldn't have to pay. He should immediately be told to leave. No questions asked. And everything needs to be communicated to the land owner like yesterday. We have off limits blackbuck. You shoot one and you'll be charged fair market value and I'd assume you'd get booted immediately. Why a guy wouldn't sit with a guest is beyond me. No way I'd put someone in a blind without me there. Especially if it was in the rules. It is required at our place. No way I'd risk letting someone get me kicked off a good place.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              doesnt matter what was shot...

the rule that should be enforced is the lease member letting a guest hunt by themselves.

you said that was a rule..but what were/are the penalities associated with it?
              if you all just sat around and came to an agreement that "we can each bring guests but we have to sit with them"..and didnt apply a penalty for breaking that rule... then its pretty much open to feelings, opinions, and balls.
              Feelings: hes a friends with 1 or more other members, and they dont want him gone or penalized.. they will be the ones that say things like "learning mistake", and "accidents happen"...
              Opinions: same friends - "Stupid rule any way.. and why CANT we shoot elk? I Paid for a hunting lease"..etc..
              Balls: This one is usually very noticeable in WHO amongst your group is willing to single the guest out, calling him out for the infraction, and then tell him to pay the penalty/getyour****andleave.
              Hint: The aforementioned 'friends'.. will not display these characteristics.

If its not explicity written as policy.. then you'd be better off Telling the L.O, and letting him deal with the Lease member, and his guest.
              This is what really should happen. I couldn't see getting Gw involved and restitution being paid. If it's not a written rule in the lease agreement it prolly wouldn't hold up it things did escalate to the court. Could be totally wrong just my opinion.

Comment

So what LEO should be involved GM or Sheriff? It's not a game animal. The GW I talked to said exotics were considered farm animals.

And who owns the elk then, no one?

I think we all need more details on this story also.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
                  I always thought this way....Until I became a land owner and saw how stupid people can be. No way in hades can a landowner not try to control things. Allowing guests is too vague and will cause problems most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    So what LEO should be involved GM or Sheriff? It's not a game animal. The GW I talked to said exotics were considered farm animals.

And who owns the elk then, no one?

I think we all need more details on this story also.
                    The GW. If you go on a property with permission to hunt hogs and shoot a deer its the same thing.

Comment

I call first dibs on the open spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Dear God in heaven.....please, please, please never let me end up on a lease with a selfish set of curmudgeon members and fellow hunters that think like this above. I enjoy sharing my lease allotment with kids or folks who aren't as fortunate to be able to lease at this time..... or even with folks that have a lease or own property and want to see some new territory. Does and culls need killin' too. They are either gonna die by my hand or theirs.
                        This^^^^^. If I could not take my Dad or my kids to hunt now and then.....I would pick up fishing.

Comment

bye-bye, plus restitution.

Comment

All it takes is one person to screw it for everybody. I hope y’all are allowed to continue to bring guests out.

In my opinion, that lease member is responsible for the guest. So whatever should be done to appease the landowner. If that means paying for the elk and/or kicking the member off.

Comment

I think the answer is pretty clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                                This is why guest hunting is pure bs. Let these leeches get a job, put in the hard work like you do, spend their own d... money, and get their own d... lease.
                                Wow. So I guess I want to take my elderly dad or father in law hunting. That makes them leeches.

Comment

Working...
                                X