Lease Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    On a high fence ranch where they are bought and placed there sure.

Restitution paid to a landowner on a free range low fence elk that prob escaped an exotic ranch and is probably just passing through/ roaming anyway? Nope
    Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
      This is why guest hunting is pure bs. Let these leeches get a job, put in the hard work like you do, spend their own d... money, and get their own d... lease.
      You need to find better friends.

Comment

Coming from a landowner's perspective, the LO definitely needs to be made aware of what happened. As a LO, if I had this happen, and my group of hunters came to me and told me about it upfront and showed me that particular member had been removed due to not following rules, I am probably letting the group stay if there is otherwise good history. If I find out about it in some other form or fashion, the whole group is getting replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          On a high fence ranch where they are bought and placed there sure.

Restitution paid to a landowner on a free range low fence elk that prob escaped an exotic ranch and is probably just passing through/ roaming anyway? Nope

The payment would be in exchange for not pressing charges. He poached an elk. He did not have LO consent. Simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Member is kicked to the curb ASAP

Comment

doesnt matter what was shot...

the rule that should be enforced is the lease member letting a guest hunt by themselves.

you said that was a rule..but what were/are the penalities associated with it?
              if you all just sat around and came to an agreement that "we can each bring guests but we have to sit with them"..and didnt apply a penalty for breaking that rule... then its pretty much open to feelings, opinions, and balls.
              Feelings: hes a friends with 1 or more other members, and they dont want him gone or penalized.. they will be the ones that say things like "learning mistake", and "accidents happen"...
              Opinions: same friends - "Stupid rule any way.. and why CANT we shoot elk? I Paid for a hunting lease"..etc..
              Balls: This one is usually very noticeable in WHO amongst your group is willing to single the guest out, calling him out for the infraction, and then tell him to pay the penalty/getyour****andleave.
              Hint: The aforementioned 'friends'.. will not display these characteristics.

If its not explicity written as policy.. then you'd be better off Telling the L.O, and letting him deal with the Lease member, and his guest.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                I'm waiting for the other side of this story... You know it's coming sooner or later.
                The offending leasee’s brother-in-law will be along shortly with that.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
                  We only had 3 on camera. There is talk of him paying for another one. My opinion is he needs to go. This was the easiest hunting rule to follow (don’t shoot the elk) and he screwed it up.

Agreed.

Comment

I'm assuming this is a low fence elk. if so, I'm sure how you charge for restitution, and I doubt you could go in after the fact and assign a fine to it. Now if the land owner wants to place a value on the elk for the lease member to keep his spot, or to keep law enforcement from being involved, that's a different matter. But this seems like the guy should be kicked off, the LO notified, and the game warden contacted if the landowner so chooses.

Comment

Definitely could be hunting without consent if LO wants to get game warden involved.

Comment

All hypothetical with specific details of a very bad dream.

Comment

If I am the landowner and there were multiple lessees at the ranch and I wasn't immediately contacted I would kick the whole lot of you off. Hypothetically, of course.

Collectively, the lessees need to do the right thing, and it needed to be done yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
                            The payment would be in exchange for not pressing charges. He poached an elk. He did not have LO consent. Simple as that.

Yeah except restitution is the restoration of something lost or stolen to its proper owner. If it is low fence, and the animal was not brought in by the LO, the animal is not owned by him. He just happens to be the owner of the land where the escapee resides on this day.

Now if the guest wants to buy his way out of LO consent charges then so be it, but he owes the LO nothing under the guise of restitution. Those other two elk will probably be gone soon anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post

Pretty sure that’s called extortion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

In for the outcome

Comment

Working...
                                X