This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidental Shooting -HotWells

For those of you around the Cypress area it looks like there was an accidental shooting this morning at Hot Wells shooting range.

I am trying to find out more information but limited information is out right now.

Does anyone have any details?

Accidental?
    did a trigger get pulled?

Comment

Man that's not good news. I've been out there to shoot a few times, but there are some seriously unqualified individuals handling firearms at that place, as I'm sure is the case at most public gun ranges. Hope the victim is okay.

Comment

Oh man. Hate to hear that. I did my LTC class there a few months back. Keeping an eye out for updates.

Comment

All I can find is a short life-flight video.

My cousin and I have said for a long time someone was going to get hurt there. Like said above some seriously dangerous weapon handling going on. I am prying for the victim.

Comment

Ranges scare the hell out of me. Always have. I have seen some sho nuff dumbassery.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Accidental?
              I am guessing it was a ND, but I left it at accidental because there are no details that I can find.

Comment

I hate that place. But it is one of the only ones in the area.

The RSOs always are hard asses on those of us that know what we are doing and do not say **** to the unsafe people there.

Like climbing my *** for not having eye pro on, because it is on my head while I am looking through the spotting scope.

Comment

I hope no one was killed

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Accidental?
                    Not necessary in some older Remington's.

Comment

There is no such thing as accidents when it comes to guns. There is only gross negligence. If everyone followed the four rules of gun safety, nobody would ever get shot unintentionally......period.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        Not necessary in some older Remington's.
                        Rule #2: never point a gun at something you don't want to destroy.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          Rule #2: never point a gun at something you don't want to destroy.
                          I agree. I was quoting about "trigger pulled".

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                            I hate that place. But it is one of the only ones in the area.

The RSOs always are hard asses on those of us that know what we are doing and do not say **** to the unsafe people there.

Like climbing my *** for not having eye pro on, because it is on my head while I am looking through the spotting scope.
                            Agree - The RO's are young and seem to be a bit afraid to confront, or correct, some people.

Does anyone know of a member only range around Tomball/Cypress?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                              I agree. I was quoting about "trigger pulled".
                              Not getting onto you, just pointing out that, had the gun been pointed in the right direction, it wouldn't matter why it discharged. I've had two ND's. Once straight up into the air after I thought the gun was cleared, and another time straight up when I was duck hunting, lost my balance after a shot, fell back against the blind, and pulled the trigger. Both were absolutely my fault, and, in both instances, nobody was hurt because the gun was pointed in an appropriate direction. I clear every gun twice now every time I touch it.

Comment

Working...
                              X