This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
    Investigators say an employee of the gun range was working on a hunting rifle when it suddenly went off. At the same time, a customer had just gotten out of his car and was walking toward the building when he was hit.

Why was the gun loaded?

Dumbassery and failure to follow the four rules.

This won’t be good for anyone involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Heard the same. Employee working on hunting rifle and shot guy in parking lot while walking in.

I'll be surprised if this place stays open after an event like this.

Comment

Investigators say an employee of the gun range was working on a hunting rifle when it suddenly went off. At the same time, a customer had just gotten out of his car and was walking toward the building when he was hit.

Why was the gun loaded?
        And, how did the gun suddenly go off?
        What a stupid ****!

Comment

Sad stuff here. Prayers up for both parties and all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            And, how did the gun suddenly go off?
            What a stupid ****!
            If a gun doesnt Suddenly go off, your trigger sucks.
            but i agree with you.

no such thing as an accidental discharge.

Comment

The parking lot at that place is always what has scared me the most. Frequently see guys standing around looking at guns on a tailgate, in the car, whatever. Nobody watching over that activity. My last two trips there have been weekdays at 9am trying to find the place empty. Usually 3 or 4 guys lined up waiting but I'm in and out quick.

Alternative is take a half day off and drive out to Gunsmoke west of College Station. On a weekday morning you probably get the place all to yourself. Pretty much have to watch other folks there and decide if you feel comfortable shooting with them as I have never seen a range officer or any employee enforcing safety rules there at all.

Comment

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow!! Unreal, sad deal. Will be surprised if they can stay open after this

Comment

That place has always sucked safety wise, got worse after the current owner's mom (ran it before him) died. Thats when I started goin to American Shooting Center in GBP.

Comment

Why was the gun loaded?
                      He could have been trying to eject a Failure to Fire, but most importantly,
                      WHY was the gun NOT pointed down range? I mean I dont know of a gun range where the parking lot is directly to the left/right or other side of the target for that matter. So why was a man in the parking lot shot by an employee working on a rifle.

Every time i am at a public range, its a rule (at Able Ammo in Huntsville) that the rifles be set bolt/action open on the rack when not on the shooting bench.

Incidents like this just make me shake my head and make me want to avoid ranges completely.

Comment

Sad to hear

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                          Man that's not good news. I've been out there to shoot a few times, but there are some seriously unqualified individuals handling firearms at that place, as I'm sure is the case at most public gun ranges. Hope the victim is okay.

A cpl years ago Stacie and I took the chl class together. One guy got ripped bc he had 38 special ammo and a 9mm pistol. Another guy got booted bc he shot the ceiling on the indoor range. Talk about unqualified!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            Not necessary in some older Remington's.
                            Not funny. This is a situation where someone may have been accidentally killed, right before Christmas, and will not go home to family.

Do some soul searching and think before you type.

Comment

I hate that place. It was always to "rednecky" for me.

Comment

Channel 2

Just after the Hot Wells Shooting Range opened Tuesday morning, a man was killed after an accidental shooting, according to deputies.

Comment

Working...
                                X