This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
    Not getting onto you, just pointing out that, had the gun been pointed in the right direction, it wouldn't matter why it discharged. I've had two ND's. Once straight up into the air after I thought the gun was cleared, and another time straight up when I was duck hunting, lost my balance after a shot, fell back against the blind, and pulled the trigger. Both were absolutely my fault, and, in both instances, nobody was hurt because the gun was pointed in an appropriate direction. I clear every gun twice now every time I touch it.
    Good for you! Still doesn't change my comment about a trigger being pulled. Plain and simple.

Comment

Waiting for more on the story.

Comment

There is no such thing as accidents when it comes to guns. There is only gross negligence. If everyone followed the four rules of gun safety, nobody would ever get shot unintentionally......period.
        What do we call discharges when a weapon is dropped? While I do agree that 99% of all cases are because of not following the four rules, I have seen an autoloader shotgun discharge straight into the air when the owner let the butt hit the ground in harsh manner while just holding the barrel. And of course, we have the Sig P320 issues recently.

Comment

Prayers for no serious injuries.

Comment

Sounds like it was self inflicted. No more info as of yet.

Comment

He has died and was outside in the parking lot when it happened. RIP

Comment

He died.

Comment

Sad to hear

Comment

Gun range Tomball area

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                    Agree - The RO's are young and seem to be a bit afraid to confront, or correct, some people.

Does anyone know of a member only range around Tomball/Cypress?
                    Renaissance shooting club.

Comment

There is no such thing as accidents when it comes to guns. There is only gross negligence. If everyone followed the four rules of gun safety, nobody would ever get shot unintentionally......period.
                      I have this exact same stance.

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                      What do we call discharges when a weapon is dropped? While I do agree that 99% of all cases are because of not following the four rules, I have seen an autoloader shotgun discharge straight into the air when the owner let the butt hit the ground in harsh manner while just holding the barrel. And of course, we have the Sig P320 issues recently.

Doesn’t matter the reason. Using your dropped gun scenario, someone was negligent whether it was the designer who designed a poor drop safety system, or the operator for dropping it. Somebody screwed up somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It is terrible no matter how it happened, but....
                        “An employee at the range” was working on a gun?

Comment

According to the news an employee was working on the rifle when it went off shooting a customer who just got out of his car.

Comment

Originally posted by buckfan50 View Post
                            Renaissance shooting club.
                            I have been "watching" them build that place for a while. Do they have matches or anything? I shoot here at the house but was thinking of getting back into occasional competitive shooting.

Comment

so an employee screwed up and killed a guy in the parking lot? Wow - what a horrible thing. I will be surprised if that place stays open when this all runs it's course....

Comment

Investigators say an employee of the gun range was working on a hunting rifle when it suddenly went off. At the same time, a customer had just gotten out of his car and was walking toward the building when he was hit.

Why was the gun loaded?

Comment

Working...
                                X