No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he was trying to teach his kids how to evade shoulder high very inside fastballs until they stopped yelling. Sometimes the opposing pitcher is the enforcer of baseball etiquette. Umpire would not have said a word in this instance
    Last edited by glen; 06-25-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      I think he was trying to teach his kids how to evade shoulder high very inside fastballs until they stopped yelling.
      ^^This.
      At that age ..they should already expect that type of response and be telling the coach to shut the hell up.

Comment

Same kind of coach will steal and press the bases with a 10 run lead. Again same remedy. Let them walk around the bases holding their ribs

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
          Played the #1 and #2 teams today and beat them both here in Destin. Boys came ready to play and hit the ball hard. My son was 3-3 with 1 triple 2 doubles in first game and 3-3 in the second game with 2 doubles and 1 single awesome day for him. Pitching was on point and pounding the strike zone. Hope the bring it for 3 more days.
          You need to fire your scorekeeper that does Game Changer.

Comment

I think he was trying to teach his kids how to evade shoulder high very inside fastballs until they stopped yelling. Sometimes the opposing pitcher is the enforcer of baseball etiquette. Umpire would not have said a word in this instance
            Yep! It will happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Txprowler View Post
              We played at Ford park in Beaumont this past weekend. One of the teams we played were Champions Bball from Lake Charles. As our pitcher would be in his wind up their dugout would scream really loud in order to distract our pitcher. After a couple of times the umpire approached their coach and asked them to stop, the coach said there is no rule against this and turned around and went to his dugout and said loudly, we are getting in their heads lets be as loud as we can now. I understand that there is no rule agaist this but what is he teaching his kids.
              Did you beat them?

Comment

The big city of Goldthwaite, population 1800, got univited to the Fredericksburg 8u and under baseball tournament last weekend and then again this coming weekend from the Llano 8u and under tournament. They all said we were too good. LOL!! Just ranting a little. These kids all attend Goldthwaite Elementary school.
                Last edited by doghouse; 06-25-2018, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Doghouse not sure how that would happen unless they were bumped up because of their record.

Comment

Doghouse not sure how that would happen unless they were bumped up because of their record.
                    Was thinking the same thing. Strange.
                    Whats the team name? AA or AAA?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Was thinking the same thing. Strange.
                      Whats the team name? AA or AAA?
                      We don't have a clue about the ratings. It's either machine pitch are coach pitch. Our guys are pretty good but we are not in a league. Went to Brock and came in 4th. Another tournament in the metroplex we were out in two games. Just doesn't make sense to me. I'm a Grandad so I just sit back and listen to the gripping. I have 3 Grandkids on the team and nobody will play us in our area. I'm just sad for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                        We don't have a clue about the ratings. It's either machine pitch are coach pitch. Our guys are pretty good but we are not in a league. Went to Brock and came in 4th. Another tournament in the metroplex we were out in two games. Just doesn't make sense to me. I'm a Grandad so I just sit back and listen to the gripping. I have 3 Grandkids on the team and nobody will play us in our area. I'm just sad for the kids.
                        Whats the name of the team? Maybe we can help get a better understanding of what mightve happened.
                        Tourney sanctioning bodies dont usually turn down money unless the kids get bumped out of AA because of their wins/rankings.

Comment

Tell the coach to call around and get the kids in usssa. They will probably start as a AA team and then be placed where competitive. They choose tourneys.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            Whats the name of the team? Maybe we can help get a better understanding of what mightve happened.
                            Tourney sanctioning bodies dont usually turn down money unless the kids get bumped out of AA because of their wins/rankings.
                            This is in rural Texas. A few local tournaments are ran around the area. No big deal we will try to enter another tournament in the metroplex.

Comment

Okay just got a text and Jacksboro has excepted us for this weekend. 13 teams. Go Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                                Okay just got a text and Jacksboro has excepted us for this weekend. 13 teams. Go Eagles.

We will be there in 8U as well. Let me know Wednesday or so when the schedule comes out, I will most certainly try to come say hello, and maybe watch a game with you. That's bucket list stuff for me! our bunch of misfits is called the Wise Guys.

Jacksboro has a great facility, and they run a good tournament. We've played there a lot the last two years. Always a good show, and the best umpires I've seen anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X