Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landowner BS... guess I’m looking for a lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    If she has time PM me. I'd love to have her make some. Good luck on finding another lease by the way. I hope it all works out.
    x2

Comment

I’d kick him in the ding ding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can kind of understand both sides of this argument, but at the end of the day, I think deer tamales has a valid gripe.

Sure the landowner owns the cabin, but he leased the rights to it away. Sitting in another persons blind is just a no no, but if permission was granted it’s hard to be mad about it.

If I showed up to my lease to find the owner there with his family telling me they would be hunting al weekend I would be livid. They gave up their hunting rights when they leased them out.

No different than if I leased land to graze my cattle, and then turn around and find the landowners cattle mixed in with mine.
        Or owned a rental property and moved in with my tenant because “it’s my house.”

Comment

Best of luck to all involved. I think everything can be settled after tempers calm down and y’all enjoy a dozen tamales and a few cold beers together. I just wish the tamales were closer. I forgot my snacks and my stomach is growling now thinking of deer tamales.

Comment

Originally posted by StevePlemons View Post
            Our hunters pay about half the going rate and know they have a great thing, therefore they take care or the property know to turn a blind eye & keep their freakin mouths shut.
            fify...

Comment

Not to high jack a thread. But if my LO is on TBH everything is golden in silver Texas.
              And your #1 in my book.

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Leddy View Post
                I am pretty sure I know this family and know them well. They are a very very respectable people that both live on and work their ranches and the family has done so for Over 100 years. I am sure they would love to sit with you face to face to hear and work through your concerns.

Please clarify a little bit before throwing them under the bus.

Do you feel they built the fences just to mess you up? Or maybe an old one needed replacing? They are sheep ranchers, the first sign of Pig or coyote a helicopter is dispatched. Not to uncommon I don’t feel like. I am sure they told you thank you for sharing your pig and coyote pics with them.

Please clarify cabin. Is this yours? Did you build it? Or is it a place provided for you stay? Is it your refrigerator yours or theirs? Did a couple cakes that wouldn’t fit in main cabin make that much a difference?

By chance did the ranchers grandkids (6,9, 15, 17) want to see the place and hang out on what is theirs? Did they or have they ever shot anything that was not a part of your management program? Also knowing the family I can’t see them just booting you guys from your blinds and saying sorry until Sunday.

Lastly I think you getting this upset and getting this forum all worked up is a little irrational without having spoke to anyone in the family. The daughters, the Son in laws and the land owners themselves aren’t the names they have been called here and again would hear you out.
                You must be new here, welcome.

Last thing anyone on this forum wants to do is have a civil conversation with anyone that has done them wrong in their eye. Easier to rant about it on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Tamales View Post
                  I would love to further discuss this subject with you, son in law. You are correct in that i wasn’t at the lease, I mentioned that in my original post. However, the lease member who showed up with his family on Wednesday is a good friend, neighbor, and I asked him to join the lease this season. He contacted me and asked me what was the deal about family hunting the lease and explained to me more about what was going on. Nothing of which had been relayed to paying hunters. You say now nobody was hunting deer but it was shared that a cull was missed the day before? I’ll believe my lease member on this one. I’m all about having kiddos in the outdoors. That’s the reason I joined the lease, I have a 5 & 3 year old and thought this lease would be a good place for them to get their first deer when they were old enough. The top it off, a nice house was included as part of the lease agreement since travel trailers aren’t allowed. You say I came on here bashing and that’s not the case at all, I was sharing my frustrations on a public hunting forum but someone knew exactly what property I was talking about, I find that interesting.
                  Fences and helicopters: the general season lasts about 9 weeks and this can’t be taken care of throughout the rest of the year? Pig eradication by helicopter would provide better results when the leaves have fallen anyways. I understand it’s a working ranch but it’s also an income generating deer lease. The fences are cross fences for sheep so feeders shouldn’t be placed near that? Makes zero sense.

Again, my post wasn’t to bash anyone but we can certainly further discuss this in person. No keyboard warrior here.

-Adrian
                  This is so much better than picking up a phone and having a conversation like men.

This post reminds me of the Dave Chapell skit ‘When keeping it real goes wrong’.
                  Last edited by Greenheadless; 11-25-2017, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Just another example of a lease agreement not being honored by a land owner, or vise versa.
                    Happens more than people think.
                    It's just a fact of life that a LO owns the land, and will still do what he/she wants to do.
                    You have rights to go to court, but how many people are going to go through that?
                    He knows that you have a choice, and it usually means you move along, and he has a line of people waiting out there who have money the same color as you do.
                    If the hunting is good, I would air out my complaints face to face, stand my ground, and put the ball in his court. It's your only option.
                    Last edited by Jimbo47; 11-25-2017, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                      This is so much better than picking up a phone and having a conversation like men.
                      Pretty sure this was to clarify his side of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        Pretty sure this was to clarify his side of the story.
                        That was a post about saving face.....

Comment

I'd be mad, no excuses for heli and family hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                            Not to high jack a thread. But if my LO is on TBH everything is golden in silver Texas.
                            And your #1 in my book.

Carry on.
                            Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                              That was a post about saving face.....

The can and are often one in the same. You can do both......there are always two sides to a story....and the truth lies somewhere in between.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                                Truth is none of this should have ever been on a public forum. Makes all hunters look bad
                                Why would this make "all" hunters look bad??? Sounds like the "son-in-law" has been very happy with the group that has been leasing the property for so long. A disagreement or lingering questions with one or two individuals on a lease does not paint all of the hunters in a bad light.

Comment

Working...
                                X